Somali denies allegations that ‘aid supplies did not reach camp’


Date posted: February 14, 2014

MOGADISHU

Somali Ministry of Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Abdi Dirshe denied on Friday allegations that no donations were ever sent to a camp located in the capital of Somalia by Turkish aid organization Kimse Yok Mu, stating that they have never worked with Kamil Kemak Güller, who was allegedly the source of the article in the Sabah daily which carried the claims.

 

The Sabah daily published an article on Feb. 10 claiming that Kimse Yok Mu — a charity based on the Hizmet movement inspired by prominent scholar Fethullah Gülen — never sent any aid packages to camp number seven located in Mogadishu. The camp was closed down by the United Nations seven months ago due to security reasons.

The claim was also denied by the person in charge of the camp, Ibrahim Abdinur Muhammed, demonstrating that defamatory activities are being conducted by pro-government media outlets against Hizmet movement.

Muhammed said the organization had helped 450 families living in the camp and that it continues to send assistance to the camps in six other locations in Somali in the form of health and food supplies and clothing as well as education tools.

The article in the Sabah daily had said after Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan paid a visit to Somalia in 2011, a donation of approximately TL 450,000,000 was collected and a board, including Güller, was formed to keep track of how much of the donations could reach the country and whom they were sent to. Güller allegedly said none were sent to camp number seven by Kimse Yok Mu.

However on Friday, the undersecretary of the ministry of foreign affairs denied defamatory allegations and having ever worked with Güller.

Source: Todays Zaman , February 14, 2014


Related News

Well-known sociologist says Gülen’s name on terrorist list ’alarming’

The chairman of the philosophy department at Texas Tech University, prominent sociologist Mark Webb, has said that the branding of Fethullah Gülen as a terrorist, is a “very alarming development.”

Hizmet movement could be powerful argument for education

Taipei, Dec. 11 (CNA) The Hizmet movement, a social movement inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gulen, could be a powerful argument for the theory that people need only good education to bring out the goodness in them, a U.S. scholar said Saturday. Mark Owen Webb, chairman of the Department of Philosophy at Texas Tech […]

Why do they lie about Fethullah Gülen?

There are two major allegations that are currently employed in the United States by Gülen opponents in order to discredit and cause fear mongering about him: One that the charter schools opened in various states by Turkish-Americans are connected to Gülen, and that they are spreading “Islamic fundamentalism.

Albanian parliament speaker visits Turkish school after Erdoğan calls for its closure

Albania’s Parliament Speaker Ilir Meta visited a Turkish school in the capital tirana on Friday to send a message to President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who called for the closure of Turkish schools in Albania during his visit last week, stirring debate among Albanian politicians and journalists, an Albanian daily wrote on Sunday.

Cleric’s Lawyers Want US Suit Backed by Turkey Tossed

Attorneys for a reclusive Muslim cleric living in exile in Pennsylvania asked a federal judge late Wednesday to dismiss a lawsuit that claims he orchestrated human rights abuses in his native Turkey, denouncing it as “pure political theater” by the Turkish government.

Al-Azhar professor: Gülen courageously resists radicalism

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen teaches real Islam to the world while bravely resisting the destruction of the religion by radical and barbaric Muslims, a world-renowned professor at Egypt’s al-Azhar University said during an interview on Wednesday.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Abant Platform Proposes Mother Tongue Education

New Book – No Return from Democracy: A Survey of Interviews with Fethullah Gulen

Turkish aid organizations deliver clean water to 20 million

Calgarian held in Turkish prison granted a lawyer but confined to solitary

Practicing Muslims and negotiating with the Kurdists

Dr. Reuven Firestone Interviewed by Muslim Turkish Movement “Hizmet”

Gursel Tekin: Gulen’s remarks on the third bridge are valuable

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News