That is Why the Turkish Government could Pay 1 Billion Euros


Date posted: July 30, 2021

Editorial Team

It seems that the bias of the Supreme Constitutional Court, the highest judicial body in Turkey, with the country’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his ruling party “Justice and Development”, in some pending cases, may force the Turkish government to pay a large sum of money, according to a prominent computer expert, who monitors erroneous decisions of the Constitutional Court on Internet applications used by Turkish citizens.

Tuncay Beşikci, a well-known expert on “digital forensic ” in Turkey said the Supreme Constitutional Court continues to make mistakes in relationship to ByLock, which has been providing its users with a private and encrypted communication service since 2014.

“The compensation to be awarded by the European Court of Human Rights in relation to the ByLock application can exceed one billion euros, “Beşikci said on his official Twitter account, noting that” the highest judicial body in the country continues to make mistakes regarding this application. “

He added that “the total compensation to be decided by the European Court of Human Rights could exceed one billion euros, while the Turkish authorities adhere to the decisions of the Supreme Court and the Anti-Smuggling and Organized Crime Division, which fails to conclude surveys launched years ago to monitor ByLock users and the content of their conversations “, based on his expectations. government to pay fines to complainants.

Last week, the European Court, based in the French city of Strasbourg, ruled that using the ByLock application was not sufficient evidence to detain a person. He also acknowledged that the complainant, a Turkish policeman, was compensated for € 12,000 by the government of his country after filing a complaint against him. in earlier, after being imprisoned after using the application that Ankara pursues to its users.

Fethullah Gulen

Ankara has intermittently launched several security campaigns, targeting ByLock users in the country, under the pretext of their association with Turkish preacher Fethullah Gulen, whom Erdogan accuses of being behind the failed coup attempt on his government. July 15, 2016.

And Ankara has detained, in lots, thousands of people who have used this application, including a large number of security officers and policemen, and some of them have been jailed for years after being convicted by local courts in Turkey.

Turkey officially accuses Gülen’s loyalists, former employees of the National Agency for Science and Technology, of creating this application, which Erdogan described as “the secret means of communication between the coup leaders” and that “no one uses it except those belonging to the Gulen movement. “

Source: AsumeTech , July 29, 2021


Related News

The Gulen Movement has become Turkey’s most significant export

The Gulen movement has become a global movement. In other words, it is Turkey’s most important export. When you cross boundaries, you have to watch the balance. His statement on the flotilla incident was both domestic and international. However, we must not forget that Gulen does not recommend that people fight those in authority. His statements disturbed both the government and the conservatives in Turkey.

The Encyclopedia of Islam and hate speech

Erdoğan’s obvious target was Fethullah Gülen, but it is clear that he also attacked anyone who doesn’t think like him with phrases such as “false prophets,” “fake mystics” and “so-called scholars.” This denigration is problematic especially in terms of secularism. Indeed, the prime minister hurls gross insults at religious interpretations that diverge from his own. In his capacity as a prime minister, he imposes his beliefs and acts onto those who do not think like him. One step beyond these remarks would be the prime minister’s supporters’ resorting to violence against those he places on the bull’s eye.

‘Hiç Durmadan Hizmete Devam’: Turks Decry Erdogan Decision Via #HiçDurmadanHizmeteDevam

Connor Adams Sheets The Turkish phrase “Hiç Durmadan Hizmete Devam” went viral on Twitter Thursday afternoon via the #HiçDurmadanHizmeteDevam hashtag, as Turks around the globe decried Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s refusal to reconsider his decision to close the country’s private “prep” schools. “Hiç Durmadan Hizmete Devam,” loosely translated as “do your service without stopping,” is a […]

NPR interviews Stephen Kinzer on graft probe and Fethullah Gulen

A corruption scandal has forced Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to reshuffle his cabinet, but he is rejecting calls for his resignation. Three of his ministers have resigned because of the scandal. The situation today is being called the biggest threat yet to Erdogan’s 11 years in office. Stephen Kinzer, visiting fellow at the Watson Institute at Brown University, joins Here & Now’s Robin Young to discuss the unfolding situation in Turkey.

Turkey’s political weather forecast

A statement from the Higher Board of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) said a decree from Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan’s Justice and Development Party (AKParti) government was against the Turkish Constitution. The Board was mentioning the government’s Dec. 21 decree, asking prosecutors to inform local administrative authorities about their investigations, which was supposed to be confidential

UN Human Rights: Turkey should promptly end its protracted state of emergency

Routine extensions of the state of emergency in Turkey have led to profound human rights violations against hundreds of thousands of people – from arbitrary deprivation of the right to work and to freedom of movement, to torture and other ill-treatment, arbitrary detentions and infringements of the rights to freedom of association and expression, according to a report* issued by the UN Human Rights Office on Tuesday.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

NY Times Editorial Board: Mr. Erdogan’s Reckless Revenge

Egypt Today’s interview with Fethullah Gülen, home sickness and fabricated coup

Raindrop Turkish House Featured in New York Times

Fethullah Gulen on a Global Scale

The Gulen Movement has become Turkey’s most significant export

After coup, Turkish activist afraid to return home

Abant participants: Turkey needs EU support to improve its democracy

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News