Pak-Turk Parents Association calls for immediate recovery of ex-principal, his family


Date posted: October 14, 2017

Ihsan Qadir

LAHORE: The Pak-Turk Parents Association on Wednesday demanded an immediate release of the former principal of Pak-Turk School Mesut Kacmaz, who, along with his family, was reportedly kidnapped by unknown people from his residence in Wapda Town a little over two weeks ago.

Addressing a press conference at Lahore Press Club, the parents—including Abdul Wahab Gill, Muhammad Shafiq Chaudhry, Miss Shamim Khan and Miss Amir—said they were deeply concerned over the recent kidnapping of their colleague.

“It is heartbreaking that Mesut Kacmaz served this country (Pakistan) for almost 22 years but today we don’t know of his whereabouts. At least someone in the government should tell us about his well-being,” they said.

They added that the abduction of the Turkish educationist—along with his two young daughters Huma and Huda, and wife—was a very serious matter; they were ashamed right now as they did not know anything about them.

They appealed the government to immediately recover Mesut and his family, while ensuring their safety and security, especially since the Turkish staff running the Pak-Turk institutions had been living in Pakistan under the UNHCR’s protection as asylum seekers since November 2016.

Turkish educationist Murad said they had approached the Lahore High Court (LHC), and the court ordered the authorities to register an FIR and trace the missing family, but to no avail.

It is important to note that Mesut Kacmaz was allegedly kidnapped by about 15 people in plain clothes.

The missing educationist had sought asylum in the country ever since Pakistani government revoked the visas of all foreign nationals working for the Pak-Turk schools on the request of the Turkish government.

Turkey has blamed Fethullah Gülen, a US-based preacher, for a launching a failed coup against the civilian government in July 2016. It has launched a crackdown against his supporters across the globe. The Pak-Turk schools were administered by a foundation linked to Gülen.

 

Source: Pakistan Today , October 11, 2017


Related News

Turkish Kimse Yok Mu volunteers staying months to help survivors

The members of Kimse Yok Mu Foundation were the first group among dozens of international humanitarian groups that have descended to Tacloban City, of Philippines, which bore the brunt of the world’s strongest typhoon recorded this year. Kimse Yok Mu Foundation was able to collect $2 million and was still receiving donations for Haiyan victims, said Kurkcu. The foundation was organized in 1999, just months after Turkey was hit by a devastating earthquake that killed more than 17,000 people.

Tanzanian Minister hails Turkey for continued support in education

Tanzania ISHIK Medical and Education Foundation managed to sponsor more than 200 students to study in Turkey universities in different fields.

Totalitarian interference in individual sphere

The Prime Minister Erdoğanis talking about closing the prep schools in which students enroll to get additional education and be more successful on university entrance examinations.His whole argument to close these institutions is just a blur of some basic facts. Everyone knows that Erdoğan is taking these steps for a single purpose: He wants to punish the Gülen movement.

Toward an Islamic enlightenment

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who has put forward an interpretation of Islam that advocates peace, democracy, secularism (in the sense of freedom of religion and conscience for all), science, education and a market economy, and who has supported interfaith dialogue and mutual understanding and respect for people of different ethnic and religious identities and lifestyles, has been the topic of much curiosity for native as well as foreign observers of Turkey.

Mozambican president: I will continue to support Turkish schools

Mozambican President Filipe Nyusi has expressed his support and gratitude to the educational volunteers affiliated with the Gülen movement for their contributions to his country, saying that he has scheduled a visit to the Turkish school in the Mozambican capital Maputo that his son graduated from to show his support.

“Hizmet Reaches out to others giving much ground for hope” tells Prof. Leo D. Lefebure

In a recent Conference of Jesuits Among Muslims in Rome (September 2011) presenting his views on Hizmet movement, Prof. Thomas Michel, SJ of Georgetown University, Washington concluded: “‘Are Gülen and the Hizmet community friends or foes?’ I must answer that they are our friends. They are the kind of Muslim interlocutors for an active dialogue […]

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish PM Erdoğan’s rhetoric and reality

Post-coup purge will affect Turkey’s education sector for decades

Military coup documents contain plans to prevent works of Hizmet movement

Fethullah Gulen’s Thanksgiving Message

Turkey pledges to help rebuild Bosnia after floods

Netherlands investigating Turkish professor’s remark that killing Gülenists is permissible in Islam

Arrested Turkish Development

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News