Date posted: August 3, 2013
Kimse Yok Mu Foundation President Ismail Cingoz was interviewed on a TV show by Erkam Tufan. “We are not leaving Somalia because of the terrorist attacks targeting Turkey,” the president announced.
Noting that there had been previously several terrorist attacks as well on humanitarian aid organizations from Turkey, Cingoz said such incidents deeply hurt. “We haven’t experience one before as Kimse Yok Mu. But I can tell you that all the humanitarian aid organizations active in the country are facing a serious threat. We‘ve had two missions in Somalia to date. One is to reach out to those in need while the other is to provide permanent aid. In conjunction with our missions, our efforts in the form of building soup kitchens, dormitories, orphanages, schools and hospital complex are well underway” Cingoz said.
Cingoz had talked to the volunteers in Somalia once again before the broadcast. He reported they were grieved at the terrorists attacks but felt no concerns or fears as they knew the condition the country was in when they first arrived. He further stated that they will carry on with their services against all the odds.
In reply to the question “As the foundation president, did you command them to return for safety reasons?” Cingoz responded saying “No, I didn’t. Even if I did, they wouldn’t leave there anyway. They are doing their duty.”
Source: HizmetMovement.Com , August 1, 2013