Turkey’s anti-Gulen crackdown continues with Yemeni students after Nigerians


Date posted: October 5, 2016

Turkey deports Yemeni students from banned Universities affiliated with Gulen’s movement.

Turkish authorities have deported 5 Yemeni students at official universities which the authorities have recently shut down for links with US-based Muslim cleric, Fethullah Gulen whom the government accused of having a hand behind failed coup attempt against president Erdogan on July 15. Sources told Al-Masdasronline on Wednesday.

The sources said Turkish government started terminating residencies of foreign students including Yemenis and deny them to join any other universities in the country. The government, however, moved all Turkish students at the banned universities to state universities.

Tens of Yemeni students in Turkey are facing the risk of deportation for being students at universities administered by Fethullah Gulen’s movement, added the sources.

Yemeni students in Turkey called upon Yemeni government to enact and talk to Turkish authorities to exempt Yemeni students form procedures of cancelling residencies allowing them to continue their studies.

Source: Almasdar Online , October 5, 2016


Related News

Turkish PM: State of emergency will continue until Gülen movement completely wiped out

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım said in Ankara on Thursday that the state of emergency which was declared following a failed coup attempt in July of last year will continue until the faith-based Gülen movement, which the government accuses of being behind the coup attempt, is completely wiped out from state institutions.

Pro-Rashid Dostum Afghan security forces raided Afghan-Turk Boys High School in Shibirghan

An Afghan-Turk Boys High School was raided by the Afghan security forces under the command of Uzbek leader Abdul Rashid Dostum, controversial First Vice President of Afghanistan, early Saturday morning and detained Turkish teachers, dozens of students and their parents in order to seize the school at the request of Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan.

Kimse Yok Mu sends next party of aid to Syrian refugees

Turkish government, nongovernmental organizations and public are doing their best to show the greatest hospitality to war-weary Syrian refugees across the country. Kimse Yok Mu’s Bursa branch also made its best to contribute these relief works and the organization sent the next party of aid worth at TL 300,000 (USD 150,000) on Thursday.

Former football star, İstanbul deputy says he is subject to hate crime

AK Party government used the Hizmet movement, its human resources, intellectual muscle and power in the international arena and at home until it became stronger [than the movement].

Kyrgyzstan: Antagonism Grows with Turkey Over Gülen Links

In the eyes of the government of Turkey, where Gülen is from, the sprawling building immaculately cast in the bright colors of the red Kyrgyz flag is little short of an incubator of terrorism and plots to subvert the state. Ankara’s antagonism to Gülen’s international influence has deep roots, and the Turkish government’s attempt to link the educator with the recent failed coup is intensifying that animosity. But Kyrgyzstan, which is host to at least a dozen Gülen-linked schools and one university, is holding its ground — up to a point.

Turkey blacklists 68 companies including Germany’s Daimler, BASF over Gülen links

Turkey has named 68 companies as supporters of the Gülen movement, in a list sent to Germany’s federal police, according to Die Zeit weekly. The list included a Turkish fast food restaurant and a late-night food store, Die Zeit said.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Plot against Gülen movement put into action based on lies, false confessions

Turkish expats in Singapore concerned over state of emergency back home

Gülen says he supports broader press freedoms

Silencing Taraf daily

CHP deputy asks PM to stop arrest of women after giving birth

Love is A Verb – forthcoming documentary on the Gülen Movement

London newspaper forced to shut as Erdogan allies seek vengeance

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News