Turkish, Russian businessmen convene at forum


Date posted: June 13, 2014

ISTANBUL

Turkish and Russian businessmen convened at the Tula Regional Investment Forum, in the city of Tula on Friday, according to the Cihan news agency.

More than 100 Turkish and Russian entrepreneurs attended the event, which was supported by the Russian state bank Sberbank. Among those in attendance were Tula Regional Governor Vladimir Gruzdev, Russia-Turkey Businessmen’s Association (RUTİD) President Esat Sarı and Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists’ (TUSKON) Russia envoy Ali Tırnav.

Addressing the Turkish businessmen in attendance at the forum, Gruzdev said: “Your visit to our region is very important. Businessmen from Tula as well as a variety of institutions in the business world are interested in creating partnerships with Turkey. Historically, our region is famous for agricultural, machine and chemical industries. Our facilities operate according to modern standards. You can be sure that those interested in investing in Tula will not regret it.”

“The Turkish and Russian economies do not see each other as competitors but as complementary to each other. As Turkish businessmen we are open to concrete projects in the Tula region and are ready to evaluate such initiatives together,” said Sarı, adding that RUTİD had previously brought Russian businessmen to experience the Turkish business world, and that Tula-based businessmen were welcome to visit Turkey.

Source: Todays Zaman , June 13, 2014


Related News

Kimse Yok Mu meets Syrian refugees’ needs through sister families

CİHAN ACAR, ŞANLIURFA Some of the urgent needs of Syrian refugees who have being sheltering in the southeastern region of Turkey since they fled from the intensifying violence in Syria are being met by the “sister family” project organized by the Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) charity foundation. Syrian refugees in Turkey, whose numbers […]

Bank Asya shares skyrocket after trading resumes

The Islamic bank has been in the spotlight since Turkish media reported that state-owned companies and institutional depositors loyal to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan had withdrawn TL 4 billion ($1.8 billion), or some 20 percent of the bank’s total deposits, because the bank’s founders include sympathizers of cleric Fethullah Gülen, a former-ally-turned-critic of Erdoğan.

Fethullah Gülen’s Message of Condolences for Those Who Lost Their Lives During Gaza Protests

I am shocked and deeply saddened by the outbreak of violence on the Gaza border, which resulted in the death of more than 50 and injury of thousands more. I urge Israel to stop shooting at civilians and to respect the right to peaceful protest.

Chief General Eduardo Año: We don’t consider Gulen movement a terror group

Armed Forces chief General Eduardo Año has confirmed that the movement linked to Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen is not labeled as a terror group. Interviewed by reporters in Malacañang, Año said organizations in the Philippines linked to the Gulen movement have been helping people.

Fethullah Gülen donates $10,000 for victims of Typhoon Haiyan disaster in Philippines

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen donated to the Kimse Yok Mu foundation $10,000 for the victims of the Typhoon Haiyan disaster in the Philippines. “According to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs [UNOCHA], 4.3 million people have been affected by the typhoon and 330,000 people are now homeless. Ninety percent of the houses in Tacloban city have been damaged,” AFAD stated recently.

Erdogan presses Kyrgyzstan for action against Gulen group

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday urged Kyrgyzstan to take stronger action against the group blamed for a failed 2016 coup, as new President Sooronbai Jeenbekov visited Ankara in a bid to ease tense ties.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Gülen won’t change his stand, urges followers’ patience

Turkey’s media watchdog asks Albanian counterpart to restrict Gülen documentary

Turkish high-schooler commits suicide after father was dismissed under emergency rules

Turkish family detained in Qatar as Erdogan steps up crackdown on Gulenists abroad

AK Party’s Islamism

Islamic scholar Gülen rebukes ISIL over ‘brutal atrocities’

Diplomatic solution: Pak-Turk schools may not be shut down after all

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News