Turkey’s first private Arabic station starts to broadcast


Date posted: May 12, 2014

ANKARA

Turkey’s first private Arabic TV channel, Hira TV began to broadcast over the Internet this week and plans to broadcast via satellite in the coming months.

The TV station aims at building better ties between Turkey and the Arab world.

Hira TV, whose name refers to the cave where the Prophet Muhammad first received revelation from God, broadcast live an international symposium titled “Wealth of Islam: Islamic Opinion and Comparison” as its first program.

Coming together in İstanbul, hundreds of guests participated in the symposium from Islamic countries. The program was broadcast live on its website, www.hira.tv.

The editor-in-chief of Turkey’s Arabic language magazine Hira Magazine, Nevzat Savaş said many of the guests had previously suggested to him to set up a TV station that would broadcast in Arabic, and the announcement of the new channel coincided with the conference.

Savaş stated that the station aims at broadcasting on five continents. The slogan of the channel is “The language of truth” and intends to link Turkey and the Arab world, which have always been closely connected to each other through historical, economic and geographic bonds.

Hira TV will also feature Samanyolu TV, which has been broadcasting programs in Arabic for almost 20 years. Hira TV CEO Yusuf Acar said the new channel’s target audience is families, adding: “Through cultural and scientific TV programs, we will appeal to all Arab people, including both children and adults. In addition, we will broadcast lectures from Fethullah Gülen, a Turkish-Islamic scholar.”

The target audience is around 400 million in the Arab world, as the satellite broadcast preparations continue. Acar said they aim to begin their satellite broadcast as soon as possible.

Prior to setting up the TV channel, Hira Magazine has been published in Turkey since 2012.

Both projects perform a crucial duty by strengthening ties between Turks and Arabs.

Source: Todays Zaman , May 11, 2014


Related News

Gülen condemns Reyhanlı attack as ‘villainy’

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gulen has described Saturday’s bloody terrorist attack in Hatay as “villainy” and called on the public to remain cautious and exercise common sense in the face of the bombings. In his latest weekly speech, broadcast on the website herkul.org, Gulen said the bombing in Hatay was more heinous an attack than an […]

Pro-gov’t daily: Turkey, Russia could conduct joint operation to abduct Gülen

Turkey and Russia could carry out a joint operation to abduct US-based Turkish-Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen to Turkey due to Gülen’s alleged role in the assassination of a Russian ambassador in December 2016 as well as a failed coup attempt in Turkey in July 2016, the pro-government Akşam daily reported.

Complainant says he was ‘fooled,’ apologizes to suspects in trial targeting Gülen followers

Thirteen suspects who were detained as part of an operation targeting followers of the Gülen movement in the central province of Sivas were released after the complainant in the case apologized to them at court and withdrew his complaint, saying he was “forced” by some to launch the case.

Government Seizure of Koza Ipek

On Monday October 26, 2015, upon a request by the Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor’s Office, the Ankara 5th Criminal Peace Magistrate ordered that Koza Ipek Holding (with 22 companies) be put under receivership. Trustees from the pro-government Sabah-ATV media group were appointed to replace the current board of directors. After CNN Turk announced the receivership, the shares of Turkish mining firm Koza Altin slid more than 5 percent.

Bank Asya says it weathers ‘stress test’, still strong

Turkish media say state-owned companies and institutional depositors loyal to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan have withdrawn TL 4 billion ($1.79 billion), some 20 percent of the bank’s total deposits, over the last month to try to sink the lender. The government has declined to comment. Bank Asya’s chief executive Ahmet Beyaz said the bank’s founders included sympathizers of cleric Fethullah Gülen, who officials say is behind the corruption investigation posing one of the biggest challenges to Erdoğan’s 11-year rule. But he said the bank was not at risk.

Why the West ‘failed to understand’ Turkey

Erdoğan has exploited the presence of Gülen-inspired people in the state bureaucracy as a tool to silence all opposition and grasp yet more power. If the Gülen movement did not exist, the president would have needed to create another “enemy of the state” to fight against in order to reach his ultimate aim.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gülen condemns the terrorist attack in Gaziantep, Turkey

Syrian Refugees Relief Campaign

We the pious did not feel for the suffering of the Kurds

Gülen, Hizmet, the state and the AKP

Full-Fledged Hate Speech By Erdoğan: Gülen Movement Became ‘Unthinking Slaves’

Kimse Yok Mu offers vocational training for Kyrgyz orphans

Mother of four under detention for months on coup charges

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News