Woman miscarried twins in prison, dead bodies not returned to family


Date posted: June 23, 2017

The 28-year-old Nurhayat Yildiz miscarried her twins in prison and the dead bodies of her babies were not returned to any of her family members.

Arrested following her detention on Aug 29, 2016 over ByLock mobile app, Yildiz lost her twins in 19th week of her pregnancy on Oct 6, 2016.

The whereabouts of the dead bodies have been unknown since then, Aktifhaber online news portal said on Thursday.

Yildiz has been kept along with 25 other inmates in a holding cell in Sinop while the jail she stays is supposed to fit only 8 people, Aktifhaber said.

Family members say Yildiz’s has been suffering a psychological trauma and barely talks.

Under investigation over ties to the Gulen movement, Yildiz was first caught up after one of her cousin reported her to the police as for ties to the Gulen movement, which the government accuses of masterminding a coup attempt on July 15, 2016.

Among the evidence the prosecutor overseeing the case mentioned to demand her arrest are her alleged use of ByLock mobile app and $1 bills police seized during a raid on her home.

Yildiz says she has never downloaded ByLock, which the Turkish prosecutor claim to be the top communication tool among members of the movement.

Turkish government also claims that one dollar bills are an encrypted messaging system among members of the movement.

Yildiz says the seized $1 notes were the ones that were scattered during her brother’s wedding.

It is a common tradition that guests as well as the parents of the marrying couples or children spray paper money onto the heads of people dancing during wedding or circumcision ceremonies.

Under arrest for 298 days, Yildiz is expected to appear in her third hearing on June 23.

Source: Turkey Purge , June 23, 2017


Related News

Pro-Erdoğan journalist: Gülen followers should be kept in detention camps, given food tickets

Cemil Barlas, a staunch supporter of Tayyip Erdoğan and commentator for the pro-government A Haber TV, said during a program that followers of the Gülen movement, which the government accuses of being behind a failed coup on July 15, must be kept in detention camps and should be given food tickets.

Turkey’s largest charity group targeted

Turkey’s political Islamists, armed with abusive government powers, are deliberately and maliciously trying to strangle the country’s leading private charity group, Kimse Yok Mu, in order to dismantle an important barrier in front of the awkward social engineering project of turning this moderate Muslim nation into a bastion for ideological zealots.

Kimse Yok Mu extends hand to Syrian refugees

Around 100 volunteer families from the organization deliver aid boxes to the Syrian refugees every week. Syrian people who are in need of proper assistance expressed their gratitude with the aid assistance.

Turkish police detain al-Qaeda suspects

Turkish anti-terrorism police carried out raids in six cities on Tuesday, detaining at least five people with alleged links to al-Qaeda, including an employee of a prominent Islamic charity group that provides aid to Syria, media reports and officials said.

Former Turkish officer at NATO: Coup attempt was never meant to succeed

A former Turkish officer who served at NATO headquarters in Brussels but was sacked and recalled to Turkey as part of an investigation into a failed coup on July 15 claims that the putsch was clumsily executed and never intended to bring down the government, but rather served President Erdoğan to eliminate his opponents.

Man dies of heart attack while on way to help Turkish refugees in Greece

A 43-year-old Turkish man has died of heart attack while on a charity trip for Turkish asylum claimants in Greece. Hasan Degirmenci suffered a heart attack at the house of a Turkish [refugee] family in Athens and was subsequently taken to a nearby hospital where he later died.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Securitizing the Hizmet / Gulen movement

State Islam versus civic Islam

Textile firms expand $153 bln export industry at TUSKON meeting

The Fate of Turkmenistan’s Gülenists

Opposition deputy: Police detain one more woman shortly after delivery

Amnesty: Civil society under massive crackdown in Turkey, Gülen movement main target

Exiled Turks Fleeing Erdogan Find New Lives in Greece

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News