Cuba wins Kimse Yok Mu cartoon competition

Cartoons were evaluated by a jury made up of famous cartoonists such as Tan Oral, İbrahim Özdabak, Muammer Kotbaş and Rudy Gyhesens. (Photo: Today's Zaman)
Cartoons were evaluated by a jury made up of famous cartoonists such as Tan Oral, İbrahim Özdabak, Muammer Kotbaş and Rudy Gyhesens. (Photo: Today's Zaman)


Date posted: February 9, 2016

VAHİDE BÜŞRA BAYHAN | ISTANBUL

Aristides Esteban Hernandez Guerrero from Cuba has won the international cartoon competition titled “Refugees,” which was organized by the Turkish charity organization Kimse Yok Mu.

The “Refugees” competition was organized in order to raise awareness of the difficulties facing migrants who fled their homes to set out on dangerous journeys to Europe.

“We hereby invite all artists who want to draw attention to the refugee problem with their drawings to our cartoon competition,” the announcement on the organization’s website states.

The Samanyolu online news portal reported last Thursday that 1,250 people took part in the competition before its deadline on Jan. 29.

Cartoons were evaluated by a jury made up of famous cartoonists such as Tan Oral, İbrahim Özdabak, Muammer Kotbaş and Rudy Gyhesens on Feb. 4 at the Marmara office of Kimse Yok Mu.

Source: Today's Zaman , February 09, 2016


Related News

Turkish NGO sends aid to Syrians

Turkish NGO “Kimse Yok Mu” Association sent 150 truck laden aid to Syrians sheltered in southeastern Turkey. NGO official Celal Turkoglu told AA correspondent that they handed out the aid to Syrians who took sanctuary in Turkey but not sheltered in camps, as part of the “Bread and Blanket for Syrians” campaign. He said there […]

Pak–Turk cooperation: Turkish NGO to support free eye surgeries

The country director of Turkish NGO Kimse Yok Mu, Ozcan Inan, visited the Rawalpindi Eye Donors Organisation (REDO) on Monday and announced extending cooperation to conduct free surgeries of deserving patients.

Kimse Yok Mu offers much-needed help in Gaza

Since the start of the offensive, the Kimse Yok Mu foundation has worked to bring in much-needed aid and assistance, and it is still a point of hope for many of those whose lives were shaken by the conflict. The organization has so far helped bring food, supplies and medicine to local hospitals, and it has recently provided around $500,000 in aid.

Hong Kong Anatolia Cultural & Dialogue Centre, Photography Competition 2015

Harmony of Hong Kong in Your Frame Photo Contest is open to ALL photographers at least 18 years of age, except members and staff of Anatolia Cultural & Dialogue Centre and their immediate families. The contest is open to all Hong Kong residents regardless of citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation.

Gülen makes donation to needy Myanmar Muslims

Turkish Islamic scholar and intellectual Fethullah Gülen has donated $10,000 to support Myanmar Muslims who have long faced discrimination in the Asian country and have been targeted in killings by local Buddhists. Gülen donated $10,000, earned from the sales of his books and audio recordings, to leading Turkish charity association Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody […]

Abrupt gov’t decision to revoke status of Kimse Yok Mu draws criticism

Turkey’s leading charity, Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There), had its right to collect charitable donations abruptly rescinded on Tuesday, in what seems to be an arbitrary decision made during a Cabinet meeting, prompting harsh reactions from volunteers, lawmakers of the opposition parties and representatives of other civil society groups.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Criminal complaint filed against prosecutor accusing Hizmet of being terrorist

Rule of law(lessness) in Turkey?

Fethullah Gülen’s Statement of Condemnation on the Bombing in Manchester, UK

A helping hand to orphan leader’s country Benin

Witch-hunt-targeted mother dies in Kabul, family could not attend funeral in Turkey

The Hizmet (Gulen) movement and transparency

Turkish schools hold 4th annual Bengali Olympics

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News