Logistics companies seized over Gülen links sold in fast-track auction


Date posted: July 31, 2021

Turkey’s Savings Deposit Insurance Fund (TMSF) announced it has sold Sürat Kargo and Sürat Lojistik, private logistics companies that had been transferred to the TMSF due to their alleged affiliation with the Gülen movement, for TL 335 million ($40 million), the Kronos news website reported on Friday.

Numerous private companies were transferred to TMSF due to their alleged links to the Gülen movement before and after a failed coup in 2016.

The ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) and its leader President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan accuse the movement of orchestrating the abortive putsch, although it strongly denies any involvement.

Sürat Kargo and Sürat Lojistik were operating under Kaynak Holding, which was seized by the government in 2015.

According to a statement posted on the TMSF website, three bids were submitted for the companies, with the highest TL 327.5 million, and during the auction phase, conducted based on the highest bid offered during the first phase, a bidder agreed to pay TL 355.5 million.

The fast-track sale of the companies only TL 10 million over their estimated value as well as the short period allowed for submitting bids — 10 days including the Eid al-Adha holiday — has led some to question whether the bidding process was arranged.

Journalist İbrahim Kahveci from the Karar daily asked why the TMSF acted so hastily in selling Sürat Kargo while choosing to act slowly in tenders with lower estimated values.

“Was the buyer selected beforehand? Did they think they should sell it immediately after finding a potential buyer? The sale price was just TL 10.5 million over the estimated value of TL 325 million. Who were the bidders and who won the tender? Are all these trade secrets?” Kahveci asked.

Source: Turkish Minute , July 30, 2021


Related News

Ex-diplomats detained over Gülen links subjected to severe torture, says deputy

Some 20 former employees of the Turkish Foreign Ministry who were among 100 detained last week are being subjected to heavy torture, according to claims raised by a member of the Turkish Parliament.

Half a million people in Turkey subject to prosecution over Gülen links: ministry

A total of 500,650 people have been investigated over real and alleged links to the Gülen movement, the Cumhuriyet daily reported on Monday.

Rounding up the ISIS collaborators, in Turkey and Kurdistan

As U.S., Iraqi and Iraqi Kurdish forces close in on Mosul, there is hope that the military campaign can force ISIS out of Iraqi territory. Of course, there are many questions still unresolved, for example, about how to pick up the pieces in Mosul.

Coup attempt in 2016 was Erdoğan’s Reichstag fire

The failed coup attempt on July 15, 2016 in Turkey and the infamous Reichstag fire in Germany in 1933 had many similarities, with both allowing the leaders of those countries to amass more power to oppress their opposition, journalist Can Dündar said in his commentary for German Radio Cosmo on Thursday.

Gülen extends condolences to MHP over official’s death

Prominent Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who also inspired the faith-based Hizmet movement, issued a message of condolence to Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) officials regarding the death of the party’s media adviser, Cengiz Yücel Akyıldız, who was killed during an attack outside a party office on Sunday.

Ottawa urged to expedite residency process for those fleeing oppression in Turkey

Human rights advocate Renée Vaugeois wrote a letter asking Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen to expedite the Edmonton man’s residency application. She thinks that this is a targeted war on a specific group of people in Turkey and to her that speaks to genocide.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu lends helping hand to Guinean families during Ramadan

Kids with Down syndrome suffer from major health problems in absence of jailed teacher father

‘Hizmet is the attempt to celebrate all of humanity’

One blow after another at anti-Hizmet docu’s premier

Turkey crackdown: Gulen sympathizers abroad are feeling the heat

US-Based Muslim Preacher Leverages Influence Back in Turkey

CHP leader: PM saving himself by paralyzing constitutional order

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News