Australian Catholic University announces Fethullah Gulen international scholarship


Date posted: August 4, 2012

Australian Catholic University has announced Fethullah Gulen International Scholarship to be given to international students who will research Muslim-Christian relations at postgraduate level.

Funded by the International Student Scholarship funds, the Fethullah Gulen International Scholarship was established in 2012 to support international students undertaking postgraduate research in the broad area of Muslim-Christian relations within the Faculty of Theology and Philosophy.

The Scholarship has a value of between 50-100% of the recipient’s tuition fees for the minimum duration of the course, or pro rata if the recipient has partially completed their course.
The Scholarship is open to international students undertaking a postgraduate research program in the broad area of Muslim-Christian relationsin the Faculty of Theology and Philosophy at any campus of Australian Catholic University.

Australian Catholic University hosts one of the Gulen Institutes/Chairs, which was opened in 2007. The Fethullah Gülen Chair has been founded with full recognition of the plurality and diversity of Islam itself. The Chair aims to provide academic leadership in learning and teaching, and research and scholarship, as well as in the critical examination of current trends in the study of Islam and Muslim-Catholic relations.

Click below link to read all requirements to get this scholarship.

Source: Australian Catholic University


Related News

Turkey urges KRG to consider Gulen Movement a “Terrorist Organization”

The KRG Ministry of Education said it would abide by any decision made by the KRG Council of Ministers concerning the closure of the organization’s schools in the Kurdistan Region. Sherko Hama Amin, a member of the Kurdistan Parliament’s Education Committee, told NRT that schools should not be shut down over political reasons, especially a political issue outside the region.

Parents seek TL 40,000 in damages for violation of students’ educational rights

Parents İsmail and Seval Topçuoğlu are seeking TL 40,000 in damages from the Education Ministry for violating students’ educational rights by adopting a new regulation about dershanes (prep schools), claiming it aims to bypass a top court’s ruling to annul a controversial law to close down the schools.

Arbitrary intrusions and dangerous liaisons

If the AKP leader can publicize the mistakes made during the Sledgehammer and Ergenekon trials and convince the public that these were committed by overzealous prosecutors linked to the Gülen movement, it will be easy for him to make a comparison with the corruption allegations against his government.

Grondahl: Turkish community strong in wake of threats from back home

After a three-year hiatus, forced underground by fear of political retaliation from the repressive autocratic Erdogan regime in Turkey, members of the local Turkish community are re-emerging.

The Turkish Connection: Pak-Turk Schools

The network of [Pak-Turk] of schools came under the media scanner last month, after the Turkish government demanded that Pakistan close down the entire network following the failed army coup to overthrow Turkish President Erdogan. Since then, Erdogan has ordered a ruthless purge and arrest of anyone even suspected of having links with his political rival, Fethullah Gülen, whom Erdogan holds responsible for the coup attempt.

JWF organized a side-event at UN in Geneva

The Journalists and Writers Foundation (JWF), in partnership with Dialog-Institut and the Permanent Missions of Afghanistan, Finland and the UK, put its signature to another successfully organized conference on Wednesday June 11th in the UN Office in Geneva, Switzerland.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Bryan couple joins interfaith tour of Turkey

Ivory Coast authorities call on Kimse Yok Mu for more aid

SEASON OF PEACE: Moderate Islam has a voice if you listen

European rights body says Turkey violated own constitution in post-coup crackdown

Islamabad High Court moved against expected closure of Turkish schools

Turkey confiscates $billions worth more than 200 companies in operations targeting Gülen

‘Nigeria Moving Towards Peaceful, Happy Future’

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News