That is Why the Turkish Government could Pay 1 Billion Euros


Date posted: July 30, 2021

Editorial Team

It seems that the bias of the Supreme Constitutional Court, the highest judicial body in Turkey, with the country’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his ruling party “Justice and Development”, in some pending cases, may force the Turkish government to pay a large sum of money, according to a prominent computer expert, who monitors erroneous decisions of the Constitutional Court on Internet applications used by Turkish citizens.

Tuncay Beşikci, a well-known expert on “digital forensic ” in Turkey said the Supreme Constitutional Court continues to make mistakes in relationship to ByLock, which has been providing its users with a private and encrypted communication service since 2014.

“The compensation to be awarded by the European Court of Human Rights in relation to the ByLock application can exceed one billion euros, “Beşikci said on his official Twitter account, noting that” the highest judicial body in the country continues to make mistakes regarding this application. “

He added that “the total compensation to be decided by the European Court of Human Rights could exceed one billion euros, while the Turkish authorities adhere to the decisions of the Supreme Court and the Anti-Smuggling and Organized Crime Division, which fails to conclude surveys launched years ago to monitor ByLock users and the content of their conversations “, based on his expectations. government to pay fines to complainants.

Last week, the European Court, based in the French city of Strasbourg, ruled that using the ByLock application was not sufficient evidence to detain a person. He also acknowledged that the complainant, a Turkish policeman, was compensated for € 12,000 by the government of his country after filing a complaint against him. in earlier, after being imprisoned after using the application that Ankara pursues to its users.

Fethullah Gulen

Ankara has intermittently launched several security campaigns, targeting ByLock users in the country, under the pretext of their association with Turkish preacher Fethullah Gulen, whom Erdogan accuses of being behind the failed coup attempt on his government. July 15, 2016.

And Ankara has detained, in lots, thousands of people who have used this application, including a large number of security officers and policemen, and some of them have been jailed for years after being convicted by local courts in Turkey.

Turkey officially accuses Gülen’s loyalists, former employees of the National Agency for Science and Technology, of creating this application, which Erdogan described as “the secret means of communication between the coup leaders” and that “no one uses it except those belonging to the Gulen movement. “

Source: AsumeTech , July 29, 2021


Related News

Gülen’s lawyer: Systemic, illegal wiretaps taking place in Turkey over last six months

After “lies” and “defamatory statements” about Gülen surfaced in the media once new recordings were leaked on the Internet, lawyer Nurullah Albayrak said in a written statement that Gülen’s phone calls had been illegally wiretapped.

Another dismissed gov’t employee abducted in black van in Turkey’s capital: wife

Yet another post-coup victim was forced into a black van in broad daylight in Turkey’s capital province of Ankara, according to a family member.

Five pilots who bombed coup base on July 15 arrested over Gulen links

Five pilots who bombed the Akincilar Air Base in Ankara to halt the coup attempt on the night of July 15, 2016, were later arrested as part of an investigation into the Gulen movement.

İstanbul woman suffers miscarriage in police custody

Büşra Atalay, a Turkish woman who has previously been dismissed from her job over alleged Gülen links, lost her unborn child when she was detained and interrogated at an İstanbul hospital on Thursday.

(Not a joke) Turkish governor: ISIL terrorist detonated himself in construction site not to harm neighbors

Following the detonation of an Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist in Turkey’s Gaziantep province on Sunday, the governor told reporters that the suicide bomber detonated himself in a construction site in order not to cause problems for the neighbors.

Father says wife, 11-month-old son under arrest despite medical problems

Cengiz Zaza Akbaba, the husband of Gulistan Diken Akbaba said in a recent video that his wife and 11-month-old son have been under arrest despite the babies medical problems. “This child is only one of 560 children. Now, 560 children are not allowed to touch the soil, not allowed to see the sun,” Akbaba added.

Latest News

This notable Pocono resident has been living here in exile since 1999

Logistics companies seized over Gülen links sold in fast-track auction

That is Why the Turkish Government could Pay 1 Billion Euros

ECtHR rules Bulgaria violated rights of Turkish journalist who was deported despite seeking asylum

Fethullah Gülen’s Message of Condolences in the Wake of the Western European Floods

Pregnant woman kept in prison for 4 months over Gülen links despite regulations

Normalization of Abduction, Torture, and Death in Erdogan’s Turkey

Turkey’s Maarif Foundation illegally seized German-run school in Ethiopia, says manager

Failed 2016 coup was gov’t plot to purge Gülenists from state bodies, journalist claims

In Case You Missed It

U.S. would look weak, and be weak, if they sent Muslim cleric back to Turkey

Fethullah Gülen urges followers to stick to path despite attacks

Gülen’s education model discussed at Indonesia conference

Erdogan’s Private Youth Army

Islam: Peace or Terror | Fethullah Gulen’s Response

Pro-gov’t daily repeats Bharara controlled by Gülen movement, calls him ‘stupid’

Karaca’s lawyers to ask Constitutional Court to reverse detention order

Copyright 2021 Hizmet News