That is Why the Turkish Government could Pay 1 Billion Euros


Date posted: July 30, 2021

Editorial Team

It seems that the bias of the Supreme Constitutional Court, the highest judicial body in Turkey, with the country’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his ruling party “Justice and Development”, in some pending cases, may force the Turkish government to pay a large sum of money, according to a prominent computer expert, who monitors erroneous decisions of the Constitutional Court on Internet applications used by Turkish citizens.

Tuncay Beşikci, a well-known expert on “digital forensic ” in Turkey said the Supreme Constitutional Court continues to make mistakes in relationship to ByLock, which has been providing its users with a private and encrypted communication service since 2014.

“The compensation to be awarded by the European Court of Human Rights in relation to the ByLock application can exceed one billion euros, “Beşikci said on his official Twitter account, noting that” the highest judicial body in the country continues to make mistakes regarding this application. “

He added that “the total compensation to be decided by the European Court of Human Rights could exceed one billion euros, while the Turkish authorities adhere to the decisions of the Supreme Court and the Anti-Smuggling and Organized Crime Division, which fails to conclude surveys launched years ago to monitor ByLock users and the content of their conversations “, based on his expectations. government to pay fines to complainants.

Last week, the European Court, based in the French city of Strasbourg, ruled that using the ByLock application was not sufficient evidence to detain a person. He also acknowledged that the complainant, a Turkish policeman, was compensated for € 12,000 by the government of his country after filing a complaint against him. in earlier, after being imprisoned after using the application that Ankara pursues to its users.

Fethullah Gulen

Ankara has intermittently launched several security campaigns, targeting ByLock users in the country, under the pretext of their association with Turkish preacher Fethullah Gulen, whom Erdogan accuses of being behind the failed coup attempt on his government. July 15, 2016.

And Ankara has detained, in lots, thousands of people who have used this application, including a large number of security officers and policemen, and some of them have been jailed for years after being convicted by local courts in Turkey.

Turkey officially accuses Gülen’s loyalists, former employees of the National Agency for Science and Technology, of creating this application, which Erdogan described as “the secret means of communication between the coup leaders” and that “no one uses it except those belonging to the Gulen movement. “

Source: AsumeTech , July 29, 2021


Related News

Kimse Yok Mu provides meal for 250 Syrians each day in southeastern Turkey

Turkish charity organization distributes meal every day for 250 Syrians who took refuge in Turkish southeastern province of Gaziantep due to ongoing war in their country.

Purge-victim family drowns in the Aegean Sea off Turkey

A Turkish family of five has reportedly drowned after a boat capsized in the Aegean Sea, off the western coast of Turkey, according to several Turkish media outlets. The victims have reportedly been sought by the Turkish government over their links to the Gülen group.

Witch hunt and AKP’s legacy from Feb. 28

The witch hunt that has been affecting virtually all state institutions as well as private sector companies in recent months has a specific target: a social group, namely the Hizmet movement. Thousands of innocent people are being victimized solely because of their affiliation with or sympathy toward a social group, and no one can raise an objection to this profound injustice.

Gülen’s lawyer files libel suit against Interior Minister Ala

Albayrak stated in the petition that unrealistic allegations and imputations, intended to defame his client Gülen, were made by Ala during his speech in Erzurum. Albayrak stated: “The expressions used by Ala cannot be considered within the scope of freedom of expression as they clearly violate the personal rights of Gülen.”

HRW report: No evidence to accuse Gülen movement of terrorism

The Human Rights Watch’s latest world report states that there is no evidence to prove the charges of “terrorism” held against the Gülent movement, which is inspired by the teachings of prominent Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Turkey’s New Anti-Americanism (NY Times Editorial)

The Turks need to be reminded that Mr. Gulen has a legal right to be in the United States, and that the Justice Department would have to go through a rigorous process before deciding whether he could be handed over, especially to a country where due process is increasingly unlikely and torture is reportedly used against detainees.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkey Concedes: No Evidence Linking Gulen to Coup Sent to Washington

Love is A Verb – forthcoming documentary on the Gülen Movement

Watch your mouth

Hizmet movement and Kurdish question in Turkey

Once shut down by Taliban, now Afghan gov’t plans to hand over successful Turkish Schools to Turkish Gov’t

“1915” by Prof. Ihsan Yilmaz (1)

Hate Speech is Undermining Turkey’s Fragile Democracy

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News