Turkish mob boss to gov’t: Why bother with diplomacy? We’ll kill Gülen, his followers


Date posted: October 20, 2016

Turkey’s infamous mob boss Alaattin Çakıcı implied in a letter to the Justice Ministry that his mafia network could kill Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen in Pennsylvania and his senior followers elsewhere in the world.

Çakıcı’s letter came weeks after Turkey’s controversial request that the US extradite Gülen.

“Dear Justice Minister, you and the president continually demand the extradition of FETÖ. … Why do you bother with that? There are so many patriots in this glorious nation who are not capable of bringing FETÖ back to the country but are able to bury him in Pennsylvania. They would also die there with pleasure for the sake of this sacred cause. Regardless of their numbers and the countries in which they live, high-ranking FETÖ members could be killed with just a request,” Çakıcı’s letter, published by the Birgün daily on Wednesday, said.

FETÖ — short for Fethullahist Terror Organization — is an abbreviation coined by the government to label the Gülen movement as terrorist despite the lack of a court decision to that effect.

“Please, do not ask the US to extradite this ignoble FETÖ anymore. The patriots of this nation know well how to do away with him and his senior managers,” Çakıcı said, reiterating his earlier remarks at the end of the letter.

The Turkish government accuses the movement of masterminding a July 15 coup attempt, while the movement denies any involvement.

The government as well as the President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has on numerous occasions blasted the US for stalling the extradition process. In late August the US said it had received a formal extradition request from Turkey for Gülen, but not over the coup attempt.

Sentenced to 19 years in prison for his ex-wife’s murder, Çakıcı earlier claimed that judges and prosecutors affiliated with the movement blocked a fair trial in his case.

Source: Turkey Purge , October 19, 2016


Related News

Prime Ministry approved Kimse Yok Mu, now accused of ‘terrorism’

The humanitarian aid group Kimse Yok Mu, now accused of being an armed terrorist organization, had been directed by the Prime Ministry’s Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), casting doubt on such claims.

Fethullah Gulen and Gulen Movement discussed in New York

A special conversation on Fethullah Gulen and the Gulen Movementby Peace Islands Institute was held at NY Turkish Cultural Center on April 9. The professor of Political Science and Public Administration, analyst and columnist Prof. Dogu Ergil was the guest speaker of the event hosted by Peace Islands Institute President Zafer Akin. In his opening speech, […]

Islamic scholar Gülen calls on praying for Palestinians, Syrians

Islamic scholar and prominent Turkish figure Fethullah Gülen has called on his followers to pray for an end to the current tribulations in Syria and Palestine, according to Herkül.org, a website close to the movement. Gülen, who lives in self-imposed exile in Pennsylvania but remains an influential figure on Turkey’s political scene, said the problems […]

GYV says arrest warrant for Gülen motivated by upcoming election

The Journalists and Writers Foundation’s (GYV), of which Fethullah Gülen is the honorary president, issued a statement on Wednesday slamming the government-orchestrated arrest warrant for Gülen as a government election tactic.

Deputy slams AK Party with creating crisis as he resigns from party

Announcing his resignation at a press conference in Parliament, İşbilen slammed AK Party leader and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan for his “dregatory and remarks” against Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen and criticized Erdoğan’s government over the corruption scandal.

Gülen issues condolence message for Iraqi victims of ISIL

Turkish-Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has sent a message of condolence to the families of the victims of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) terrorist organization in Iraq and he has condemned ISIL’s violence. Gülen’s statement, which addressed Kurdish, Turkmen, Arab, Yazidi, Shiite and Sunni families in Iraq, was published in the leading newspapers of Iraq’s Kurdish region such as Rudaw, Hawlati, Basnews, Kürdistany Nwe, Xebat and Çawder.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish army profiled Tahşiyeciler as serving al-Qaeda

Humanity prepares its own end, says Assyrian Catholic Church leader Sag

Turkish schools important for northern Iraq’s future

Imam Sytari praises Gulen as a global thinker

In Turkey for once-in-a-lifetime experience

The Gülen Effect: Filipino Muslims, Christians connect for peace

Investigation into journalist over MGK, MİT revelations blow to free press

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News