Fuat Avni claims Gülen-inspired schools to be closed due to fabricated auditing standards


Date posted: October 8, 2015

A government whistleblower who tweets under the pseudonym Fuat Avni has claimed a new wave of police raids will be conducted on private and prep schools intended to shut them down temporarily or permanently based on fabricated auditing standards before the Nov. 1 snap election.

Fuat Avni regularly reveals inside information from allegedly secret meetings of high-ranking government officials and has warned of many government-initiated police operations before they have taken place.

He claimed on Tuesday evening that a plot had been devised to close down schools which are sympathetic to the Gülen movement, popularly known as the Hizmet movement and inspired by the teachings of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

According to Fuat Avni, a seminar will be conducted to instruct inspectors loyal to the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) on the newly devised auditing standards. The inspectors are expected to come from various provinces to attend the seminar, which will be held on Oct. 8 and 9 in Ankara.

“Nabi Avcı was informed of the plot. Although he is tired and unwilling, Avcı was obliged to give instructions to bureaucrats [regarding the plot],” Fuat Avni said, referring to the education minister.

Fuat Avni said President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is “quite angry” about recent news reports regarding his son Bilal and will use the police raids on the schools to divert public attention.

A Turkish daily recently reported that Bilal Erdoğan, a prime suspect in the country’s largest-ever corruption investigations, had settled in Italy with his wife and children following the June 7 parliamentary election in which the AK Party, founded by his father, lost its majority in Parliament.

An increasing number of schools inspired by the Gülen movement have been targeted since the graft investigations, which also implicated Erdoğan and other top AK Party figures, were made public on Dec. 17 and 25, 2013. Then-Prime Minister Erdoğan accused the Gülen movement of instigating the operation in order to overthrow his government. The movement strongly denies the allegations.

Source: Today's Zaman , October 07, 2015


Related News

[Part 5] Gülen says ballot box is not everything in a democracy

Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who has inspired the popular civic and social movement called Hizmet, said the ballot box is not everything, urging his followers to not stick to only one but to cast their votes freely based on their personal conviction. He added that focusing on the ballot box only makes some people comfortable in telling lies.

The next phase in Turkey’s political violence – third and coming coup could be the most violent

It has now been almost three months since the failed coup in Turkey. The events of July 15 were predictable, but they nevertheless mark a watershed in modern Turkish history. Still, it would be a mistake to view the coup as a single event. Turkey actually experienced two coups, but it will be the third and coming coup which could be the most violent and might very well cost Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan his life.

Media’s test with politics: this is utterly disgraceful

As we are about to tolerate this scandalous error, he writes a very harsh article about the rift between the [Gülen] Community and the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party), targeting the Community. In this article, his tone is like that of a party spokesperson. Does he want certain columnists to be censored or silenced? Does he want them to be fired? The news ombudsman of the paper where he is the chief columnist is fired.

Conference declares gov’t needs to be more active in preventing domestic violence

İPEK ÜZÜM, İSTANBUL The government should take a more active role in preventing domestic violence — which is on the rise across Turkey and the world — stated the final declaration of the conference on violence and society organized by the Journalists and Writers Foundation‘s (GYV) Women’s Platform between Nov. 24 and 26 in İstanbul. […]

Gülen offers condolences for slain İstanbul resident shot at protest

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has offered condolences for Uğur Kurt, a 34-year-old who was waiting to attend a funeral outside a cemevi, an Alevi house of worship, was hit by a stray bullet allegedly from a police weapon and died in hospital on Thursday night.

When The Last Barricade Falls: Remembering Unlawful Takeover Of Turkey’s Largest Daily – Zaman

On March 4, 2016, exactly one year ago today , hundreds of riot police officers fired rubber bullets and gassed loyal readers of Turkey’s best-selling daily when they stood vigil on the sidewalk across the newspaper’s offices to peacefully protest the news of impending the unlawful takeover of Zaman newspaper.

Latest News

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

University refuses admission to woman jailed over Gülen links

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu reaches out to tin houses of South Africa

“1915” by Prof. Ihsan Yilmaz (1)

Northern Illinois Conference Leaders Join Delegation to Turkey

Erdogan’s Turkey silencing dissent, abusing terrorism charges – HRW report

In Houston, a celebration: Silk road festival

Micro-Finance and Vocational Training for Empowerment of Women

Kimse Yok Mu launches large-scale aid campaign for Syrian refugees

Copyright 2024 Hizmet News