Head of Azerbaijan’s Çağ Education Company denies authenticity of letter to Gülen


Date posted: March 5, 2014

BAKU

Enver Özeren, head of the executive board of Azerbaijan’s Çağ Education Company, has denied the authenticity of a letter he had supposedly written to Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen about the Hizmet movement in Azerbaijan, saying that the letter is nothing more than an attempt to pull Azerbaijan into the domestic turmoil that has been continuing in Turkey since Dec. 17 of last year.

 

Government claims that the Hizmet movement forms a “parallel state” in Turkey in the wake of a corruption scandal that hit Turkey on Dec. 17, 2013, implicating Iranian businessman Reza Zarrab, three minister’s sons and other high-ranking officials close to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, are affecting Azerbaijan, which neighbors Turkey and hosts dozens of educational institutions affiliated with the movement.

According to a Monday report by Azerbaijani news website axar.az, the letter, allegedly written by Özeren to Gülen, said that the movement had set up “cadres” in Azerbaijani institutions and had been negatively affected by the recent developments in Turkish domestic politics.

In reaction to the report, which spread across traditional and social media, Özeren described the letter as “fake,” saying it had been written by people who are jealous of the great success that Turkish educational institutions have had across Azerbaijan up to now.

“What is written in that letter is slander, false and black propaganda,” Özeren said in a press conference held in the Azerbaijani capital of Baku late on Monday.

“It is already 22 years since we [Turkish educational institutions] began operating in Azerbaijan. The main aim [of the letter] is to introduce shady aspects of the Turkish political agenda into Azerbaijan. We are acting within the framework of Azerbaijan’s legislation and functioning in connection with the Ministry of Education. Our activities are known by the relevant institutions of this country,” Özeren said.

He added that he has filed a criminal complaint against those responsible for disseminating the “fake” letter, adding that legal proceedings have been started over the letter, which he said was distributed as a part of a smear campaign against the Hizmet movement.

Source: Todays Zaman , March 5, 2014


Related News

Islamic scholar gave Buddhist point to ponder

Sanitsuda Ekachai 21/06/2012 I have just returned from Turkey, one of the world’s most beautiful countries. What has stayed deeply in my mind, however, is not the country’s picture-perfect postcard beauty, but its people, its modern take on Islam and a host of questions for my own country. During the visit, we, a group of […]

Deputy PM of Turkey visits Gulen-inspired school in Yemen

Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc visited the International Yemen Turkish Schools as well as the Yemen office of TIKA, Turkey’s international cooperation and development agency, in capital Sana’a. During his visit to the Turkish schools complex, Arinc received information from the schools’ director, Mehmet Yilmaz.

Abundant accusations [against Hizmet], little evidence

The Turkish media – or what is left of it – has already found Fethullah Gülen guilty of the coup attempt on July 15. When challenged about the evidence, the most common reply is “Come to Turkey and see” or “Everyone in Turkey thinks this way.” This almost unanimous opinion is not a coincidence, and it does imply a monopoly over the Turkish media rather than any objective fact.

CSOs slam smear campaign against Hizmet, call on PM to stop hate speech

A large-scale dark propaganda campaign has been conducted by some circles close to the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government against the Hizmet movement and Gülen, particularly since a corruption scandal erupted in December of 2013 in which three Cabinet ministers’ sons, many state bureaucrats and also well-known businessmen were implicated.

Former Daimler chairman: Turkey’s purge reminds of me beginning of Nazi era

Edzard Reuter, the son of the first mayor of West Berlin Ernst Reuter and the former chairman of the German automaker Daimler-Benz, said Turkey’s post-coup purge recalls what happened during early years of Nazi regime at his home country.

Charity Kimse Yok Mu to conduct 30,000 cataract surgeries

The charity organization Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) is planning to carry out 30,000 cataract surgeries in Africa and Asia in 2015.

Latest News

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

University refuses admission to woman jailed over Gülen links

In Case You Missed It

Nigerian Turkish Foundation donates educational materials to Lagos schools

Turkey wants India to crack down on ‘Gulen’ schools

Kenyan president hails Gülen-inspired schools in his country

Gulen movement becoming victim of its own legend

Prominent businessman Akın İpek pledges huge support to Kimse Yok Mu

Hundreds of young Turkish children jailed alongside their moms as part of a post-coup crackdown

Gursel Tekin: Gulen’s remarks on the third bridge are valuable

Copyright 2024 Hizmet News