Philippine House speaker receives Turkish school delegation


Date posted: February 28, 2014

 

PHILIPPINES

Feliciano Belmonte, speaker of the Philippine House of Representatives, received in his office Malik Gencer, general manager of Fountain Schools, Ferhat Kazkondu, president of Pacific Dialogue Foundation and Merve Ozkan, Turkish Olympics coordinator in the Philippines.

The delegation members briefed Belmonte on the Turkish school’s activities and the language olympics. Belmonte said, “With the schools you’ve opened here, you gave us the opportunity to get to know Turks and their culture better.”

The delegation invited the speaker to the Philippines finals of the Turkish Olympics on Feb. 26. Belmonte hailed the olympics and said, “These events bringing together diverse languages, faiths and cultures show us differences do not matter but the love in our hearts does. Its contribution to the global peace is priceless.”

At the end of the meeting, the delegation presented a Kutahya porcelain plate to the speaker, as a memento of the day.

Published [in Turkish] on Cihan, 25 February 2014, Tuesday

Source: HizmetMovement.com , February 28, 2014


Related News

Chief General Eduardo Año: We don’t consider Gulen movement a terror group

Armed Forces chief General Eduardo Año has confirmed that the movement linked to Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen is not labeled as a terror group. Interviewed by reporters in Malacañang, Año said organizations in the Philippines linked to the Gulen movement have been helping people.

Turkish schools and businessmen mobilized for Izmir’s EXPO candidacy

The Turkish schools around the globe have been making great effort for Izmir’s EXPO 2020 win. The schools and businessmen have taken action so that Bureau of International Expositions committee opts for Turkey in the voting to take place in Paris on November 27th. “What is lost with Olympics can be made up for in EXPO,” Fethullah Gulen had earlier said.

Parents criticize gov’t-led police raids on educational institutions

A number of parents staged a protest on Friday against raids police carried out by the police on Thursday as part of a government-led operation against 26 private schools and educational institutions in Kahramanmaraş province that are inspired by the Gülen movement, a faith-based civil society movement inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Before Oprah: Scholar’s Philanthropic Work Has Huge Impact on Africa

Dr. Lachin Hatemi Centuries of colonization, slavery and diseases ravaged the sub-Saharan Africa. The entire continent was left with a desperate need for an educated and skilled workforce, which can transform the economy and improve the daily lives of Africans. Education is the key to such a transformation and ending poverty in Africa. What are […]

Parents: Pak-Turk institutions’ control should not be transferred

Pak-Turk International’s Parents and Teachers Association (PTA) on Tuesday stressed against transferring the institutions’ control to other organisations as it will affect the future of its 1500 teachers’ future along with 10,000 students enrolled in 28 schools, colleges. The spokesman urged that if the government found any one from these schools involved in illegal practices, it should take strict action against him.

South Africa welcomes International Festival of Language

The globally acclaimed International Festival of Language and Culture (IFLC) is dedicated to cultivating and educating the youth, creating a platform to share their cultural heritage with their peers around the world and to witness exceptional performances by students of diverse nationalities.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Samanyolu high school wins gold medal in TÜBİTAK contest

Gülen: The coup attempt was an outrageous scenario constructed by Erdoğan

Foreign students express bewilderment over gov’t bid to close Turkish schools

‘Pool media’ court case against Zaman daily tossed out

International Panel: The Virgin Mary in the Holy Books [in Istanbul]

Fethullah Gülen: ‘I have no other goal than to please God’

Gülen urges Hizmet members to defend prep schools in civilized way

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News