Fethullah Gülen’s Message of Condolences for the Death of Soccer Star, Diego Maradona


Date posted: November 27, 2020

Fethullah Gülen

I learned with grief about the death of Maradona, one of the well-known names of the world sports community.

It is very important that individuals who are successful and influential in their professional careers take part in social projects and contribute to solving common problems. Maradona will be remembered as a supporter of numerous charity projects. He participated in the “soccer stars match” organized by the Journalists and Writers Foundation in 1995 for the children of Bosnia-Herzegovina who saw the painful face of the war and he took an active part in sharing this pain with the world.

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said, “The best of people is the one who benefits people.” In this regard, even after Maradona ended his active soccer life, he continued his activities;  he participated in charity soccer matches to contribute to the fight against poverty and hunger, made donations to hospitals that provide healthcare services to Covid patients, and supported many charitable organizations.

I extend my condolences to his family, relatives and loved ones and I hope that he will always be remembered by his contributions to humanity.

Source: Alliance for Shared Values , November 26, 2020


Related News

Gülen’s lawyer: Pro-government media ignores ruling of Supreme Court of Appeals

Nurullah Albayrak, the lawyer representing Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, said in a written statement on Monday that pro-government media outlets continue their false accusations about Gülen and members of the Gülen movement, pointing out that Gülen was acquitted in June 2008 of all allegations that had been leveled against him at that time.

Tortured detainee would choose 50 years in prison over return to custody in Turkey

“I looked for a lawyer for days, but I failed. None of the lawyers agreed to defend my husband. The bar association will assign a lawyer. I feel so helpless. My husband is being tortured. I fear for his life and mental health. Please help me!”

Erdogan’s Turkey silencing dissent, abusing terrorism charges – HRW report

Turkey’s prolonged and arbitrary detention of journalists, human rights defenders, and politicians following the 2016 coup attempt have set back the country’s human rights record, Human Rights Watch said in its World Report 2020 published on Tuesday.

Fethullah Gülen donates $10,000 for victims of Typhoon Haiyan disaster in Philippines

Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen donated to the Kimse Yok Mu foundation $10,000 for the victims of the Typhoon Haiyan disaster in the Philippines. “According to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs [UNOCHA], 4.3 million people have been affected by the typhoon and 330,000 people are now homeless. Ninety percent of the houses in Tacloban city have been damaged,” AFAD stated recently.

An Indian professor’s reflections on Erdogan’s visit to India, crackdown on Gulen movement

There has been no evidence of any terrorist activity by the followers of Gulen in any part of the world including Turkey. In India, they have been running their institutions: schools, coaching Institutes, and dormitories for more than 15 years, but none has been accused of any kind of terrorism and crime.

TUSKON brings S. African, Turkish firms together

South African and Turkish companies that were present to build one on one business ties at the Turkey South Africa Trade and Investment Forum on Tuesday expressed that their main aim is to expand their businesses on the continent with partnership from both sides.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

‘Don’t link Thai schools with terrorists’

Ex-FM Yakış defends Turkish schools as the torch bearer of Ottoman vision

Gulen, Erdogan and democracy in Turkey

Mr. Gülen’s felicitous advice on Kurdish issue, freedoms

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

Turkey’s Maarif Foundation illegally seized German-run school in Ethiopia, says manager

Horrific Torture Details Emerge In Turkey’s Capital, A Lawyer Reveals

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News