Afghan Parents Complain to UN Over Detention of Turkish Teachers


Date posted: December 19, 2017

The parents’ committee of Afghan-Turk schools on Monday called for an end to the oversight by the security forces on the movement of all those teachers who were last week detained during a raid in Kabul.

Although reports surfaced on Sunday in the media that two of the five individuals had been released, it is said that still one Turkish teacher and one Turkish restaurant owner are under house arrest.

On Monday, the parents’ committee of Afghan-Turk schools filed a complaint letter to the office of United Nations Assistance Mission (UNAMA).

“Undoubtedly there is pressure from the Turkish side on our government, but the resolution of the issue must be addressed within the framework of the law,” said Yusuf Pashtun, head of Afghan-Turk parents committee.

According to the parents’ committee, the Turkish government has asked Afghanistan to handover two Turkish nationals to the Turkish authorities.

Reports say that Afghan officials have also collected the passports of at least two Turkish nationals.

It is said that two of the Turkish nationals have been recognized as asylum seekers by the UN.

“Going to the UN will not be the final door to us, we will knock on every possible door to ensure that the teachers’ rights as well as justice and the law prevail,” said Fazel Ahmad Manavi, member of Afghan-Turk parents committee.

The parents’ committee also handed a letter to the office of Afghanistan Attorney General (AGO) to investigate the issue.

“All aspects of the issue will be clarified once the investigations of our colleagues are wrapped up. When our colleagues reach an outcome, we will share the issue,” said AGO spokesman Jamshid Rasuli.

The raid by the Afghan security forces on Afghan-Turk school sparked wide reactions among the Afghan public.

Afghanistan and Turkey have not signed an agreement for the extradition of their nationals.

Sources on Sunday said the fate of two teachers – both Turkish nationals – of the Afghan-Turk school in Kabul who were detained by the National Directorate of Security (NDS) last week, remains unknown.

They said that the government has confiscated the passports of family members of the two teachers.

 

Source: Tolo News , December 18, 2917


Related News

Kimse Yok Mu extends helping hand to Syrians in Jordan, Lebanon

6 April 2012 / TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL The Turkish charity foundation Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) has begun to send aid to thousands of Syrian refugees who have escaped to Lebanon and Jordan from their conflict-stricken homeland. Tens of thousands of Syrian citizens have taken shelter in the neighboring countries of Turkey, Jordan and […]

Prep school transformation plan violates Constitution, experts say

DERVİŞ GENÇ, İSTANBUL A government plan to shut down Turkey’s prep schools — or “transform” them, as the government argues — violates the Turkish Constitution and the case law of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR), according to experts. “Parliament can neither close the prep schools with a law nor force them to transform. […]

‘Turkish schools are building the future’, expresses Somaliland leader

Turkish schools in Somalia have shown great success. Hailing the success of Turkish schools in Somaliland, Silanyo said “This [Turkish school] is building a future.”

Parents protest deportation of Pak-Turk School’s teachers, staff

Slamming the government’s decision of deporting Turkish teachers and staff from the country, parents said “Pak-Turk Schools were founded without any financial assistance of Turkey and Pakistani government but founded by the philanthropist donations of people of Pakistan and Turkey” adding that these schools were the property of Pakistani people.

Full-Fledged Hate Speech By Erdoğan: Gülen Movement Became ‘Unthinking Slaves’

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has added new insults to his rich collection of hate speeches and defamation targeting Gülen movement on Wednesday and said that “Gülen movement members lost their way, and only follow orders from their owner Fethullah Gülen.”

Parents dream of their children being admitted to Turkish schools in Senegal

Senegalese Media Owners Association Chair Madiambal Diagne says that the Turks should also be appreciated because of their approach toward education. “The best way to help people in another country like ours is to extend support in the field of education. The people who receive this educational support become industrious and decent and do their job properly.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish Businesses Snagged In Government’s Post-Coup Crackdown

Turkish ambassador draws ire as she implies Gülen-affiliated schools in Macedonia raise terrorists

CHP deputy calls Erdoğan’s order to bring down Hizmet ‘crime’

Turkish community in Springfield area to host Turkish bazaar, conference

Plot against Samanyolu media group detected

‘When the last gang becomes a thing of the past’

Preparations for Turkish Olympiads begin in Morocco

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News