Report: Gülen-linked media outlets sold to pro-gov’t media groups without tender


Date posted: May 8, 2017

A number of TV and radio stations that were closed down by the government in the aftermath of a failed coup attempt on July 15 due to their links to the faith-based Gülen movement have been sold to the pro-government Turkuvaz Media Group without a tender, the Cumhuriyet daily reported on Thursday.

A total of 86 media outlets including TV and radio stations, newspapers, magazines and news agencies were closed by government decree due to alleged links to the Gülen movement following July 15 as the government accuses the movement of masterminding the coup attempt. The movement strongly denies the accusation.

Some of these media outlets, such as Samanyolu TV, Kanaltürk TV, Burç FM, Kanaltürk Radyo, Radyo Mehtap and Radyo Cihan, have been sold to the Turkuvaz Media Group without a tender, according to Cumhuriyet.

The daily said the remaining media outlets will also be sold under the same method.

 

Source: Turkey Purge , May 4, 2017


Related News

Gülen extends condolences to MHP over official’s death

Prominent Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who also inspired the faith-based Hizmet movement, issued a message of condolence to Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) officials regarding the death of the party’s media adviser, Cengiz Yücel Akyıldız, who was killed during an attack outside a party office on Sunday.

What Erdogan and Khomeini Have in Common

The Turkish secular elite who have long feared an Iranian-style theocracy in their own country may finally be seeing the worst of their fears come true. The widespread purges under President Recep Tayyip Erdogan following last month’s failed coup attempt against his government suggest the Turkish state is moving toward authoritarian Islamist rule of the sort that Iran introduced in 1979.

Truth and reconciliation in post-Erdoğan era

One way to repair the damage dealt by the Erdoğan government in the last couple of years and to provide some form of closure for the dark period of Erdoğan’s third term in government is to set up a truth and reconciliation commission. Without discounting the role of the criminal justice system, a truth commission can be utilized in a complementary role to help citizens move on with their lives in Turkey after colossal wrongdoings in the government.

Heartbreaking stories of Turkish Refugees in Greece

A.T.S told that their next plan was to live in a state where no pressure and tyranny would harm them anymore. “We want to go to a country where we can live humanely, where our children can receive good education, where there is no pressure and tyranny.”

‘Gulenists’ talk about finding a safe haven in Kosovo

Thousands of Turkish nationals, including Gulenists, opposition members, and minorities, fled Turkey and scattered throughout the globe, particularly in Europe and the US; some educators and civil servants with actual or alleged ties to the transnational religious Gulenist movement fled to Kosovo.

Source claims US not probing into Gulenists’ alleged role in Russian ambassador’s murder

No investigation has been launched in the United States in connection with Turkey’s comments of the Gulen movement’s possible role in the Russian ambassador’s murder, a senior US Department of State official told TASS.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Kazakh leader heads to Turkey to explain decision over Gulen schools

Panel on Middle East perspectives held at Ishik University

EU lends support to mosque-cemevi project

Leaked photo shows 11 hijabi women, 2 babies in Bursa prison on terror, coup charges

Turkey-China seek new gateway for business at Tuskon meeting

Alaton: I’m telling everyone about Turkish schools’ contribution to world peace

Why are they becoming terrorists?

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News