Police raid building Fethullah Gülen resided in 55 years ago
Date posted: December 13, 2016
Edirne police, joined by a group of gendarmes, stormed a building in the city where US-based Turkish scholar Fethullah Gülen resided in 55 years ago when he worked as an imam at the famous Üç Şerefeli Mosque.
The government accuses Gülen of orchestrating a coup attempt on July 15, while he denies any involvement.
The building where Gülen stayed from 1959 to 1961 served as the headquarters of the Trakya Şükrüpaşa Education and Culture Foundation until the institution was completely shut down under the post-coup emergency rule declared after July 15.
The police and gendarmes left the building after a search during which they broke some cabinets and walls to find allegedly hidden compartments.
Gulen Slams Turkey Crackdown Before Erdogan Demands Extradition
The exiled cleric accused by Turkey of orchestrating last year’s attempted coup charged President Recep Tayyip Erdogan with seeking to silence critics, as the Turkish leader prepared to push for the preacher’s extradition in a White House meeting with Donald Trump.
Fethullah Gulen on ‘GPS’: Failed Turkey coup looked ‘like a Hollywood movie’
“I have always been against coups, and I cursed them,” he said. “I would curse people who resort to coups against democracy, liberty, republic.” Gulen said returning to Turkey would only complicate matters. Asked if he had a message for Erdogan, Gulen said: “I only pray that he would not go to the presence of God with all these sins he committed.”
Turkey’s failed coup could worsen Nigeria’s recession
For an economy almost in recession, these kind of controversies could be worrisome. This is actually not the time to close down any legitimate business in Nigeria. Turkish schools and their promoters have not really given the Nigerian government any reason to worry. They have been law abiding citizens in Nigeria.
The International Justice Conference Hailed A Major Success
Prof. Manuel A. Knoll, from Department of Philosophy, Fatih University in partnership with the support of Abant Platform organized an international three day event regarding pluralism and conflict. Over 50 academicians from around the world got together for ‘Distributive Justice Beyond Rawls and Consensus’ Conference in Fatih University, Istanbul on June 6-8, 2013. Conference was […]
Fethullah Gulen issued the following statement on the Orlando shooting attack
I am shocked and deeply saddened by the horrific attack that took place in Orlando, the deadliest mass shooting in United States history. I unequivocally condemn this hate-driven terrorist attack and I share my revolt and disgust with billions of people around the world.
Gülen’s lawyer: New arrest warrant for Gülen is unlawful
The lawyer for Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, Nurullah Albayrak, in reaction to Turkish media reports on Tuesday of another arrest warrant being issued for his client, said in a statement that according to the law on criminal procedure, it is unlawful for a court to issue an arrest warrant unless the accused has been appropriately called to appear before the court.
Latest News
Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan
SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis
Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison
Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney
Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement
ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment
New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement
European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests
ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases
In Case You Missed It
Dutch minister gives Turkish deputy a lesson on freedoms
Turkish Olympiad students visit top level gov’t officials in Ankara
Mogadishu Governor visits KYM Headquarters
The Dutch Turkish community must speak out about the anti-Gülen violence
UN 59th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
Turkish Islamic scholar Gülen resides in social facility, not a mansion
Gülen denies role in blocking publication of Şık’s book