Nigerian President opens Turkish Hospital


Date posted: February 21, 2014

Paul Obi 

President Goodluck Jonathan Thursday inaugurated a $20 million Nizamaye Hospital in Abuja, seen as a remarkable milestone in the bilateral relations between Nigeria and Turkey.
The 80-bed world-class facility put at about N3.23 billion, is located in an industrial layout in the city and is the first time Turkey, under the Nigeria-Turkish expatriate business group, ventures into healthcare service delivery in the country.

This came as the president also inaugurated an ultra modern administrative and laboratory complex of the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD), Idu, Abuja.
Speaking at the inauguration,  Jonathan said: “Research and development are critical to our national technological and scientific advancement and our quest to become one of the 20 largest world economies.”
The president explained that, “in today’s global world, a nation’s competitiveness is determined by its achievement in science and technology, triggered by research.”

At the opening of the Turkish hospital,  Turkey’s Ambassador to Nigeria, Mustafa Pulat said: “This hospital is another token of our interest and determination to come to Nigeria – in the best way we can.”
Pulat had told journalists that “It is our own investment in the human capital of Nigeria,” meant to provide care for the health needs of Nigerians who troop in their thousands abroad for overseas medical services.
“The outcome will be long term. We have to be patient. The outcomes will be strong and very beneficial for Nigeria and Turkey.”

The two countries had maintained bilateral relations in business terms since the Nigerian-Turkish group began its gradual creep in 1998 into the Nigerian education system.
From records, including primary and international colleges, Nigerian-Turkish group now runs 16 schools, including Nile University it started four years ago.

Nizamiye cost an estimated $20 million (N3.233 billion) to set up, said its medical director, Dr. Mustafa Ahsen, and its manpower stands at around 148, Nigerian and Turkish combined.

Nizamiye Hospital, occupying four floors on prime property, started work last year, several months before its official opening. It offers services in internal medicine, radiology, ear-nose-and-throat, paediatrics, orthopaedics and gynaecology.
Though the hospital doesn’t have a psychiatry unit, but Ahsen said it planned to open units in angiography and emergency cardiology and gradually expand to a teaching hospital to serve the group’s Nile University.

Source: This Day Live , February 21, 2014


Related News

Kimse Yok Mu launches a bakery for Sudanese orphans

Extending a helping hand to the needy globally Kimse Yok Mu recently made a bakery with three thousand-bread daily available to the needy in Darfur area.

Nigerian school wins 48 Olympiad medals in 1 year

The Nigerian Turkish International Colleges (NTIC) has won no fewer than 48 Olympiad medals in one year, Mr Muazu Omeji, Principal NTIC, Abuja has said.

Somalia’s brightest compete for education in Turkey

Youth in the Somali capital of Mogadishu formed long lines in front of schools this week as they competed for a slot in a rapidly expanding student exchange program sponsored by the Turkish relief organization Kimse Yok Mu. The organization is planning to provide scholarships for 350 new students from the famine-stricken nation. Bilal Çelik, […]

Ethio-Turkish businesswomen to strengthen business ties

The first-ever delegation of businesswomen from Turkey visited and held business meetings for three days in the capital. The meetings have been organized by the first lady, Roman Tesfaye, who in June, had led Ethiopian delegates to Turkey.

European court rules Asya-like seizure of bank unfair

In a decision that could potentially set a precedent for similar cases in Turkey, the Strasbourg-based European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) on Tuesday ruled that the seizure of the country’s Demirbank in 2001 was unfair.

Unaffected by tension, TUSKON promotes Turkish economy

The Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON) has had its share of these provocative media reports. Regarding the recent media reports criticizing TUSKON’s lobbying efforts for Turkish firms abroad, TUSKON President Rıza Nur Meral told Sunday’s Zaman that allegations against TUSKON “do not make sense” and that the confederation has always supported Turkish businessmen who want to branch out into global markets. “We will continue our support [for Turkish entrepreneurs],” Meral added.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu sends aid materials with 24 trucks for Syrian refugees

Swoboda accuses Erdoğan of using Hizmet movement as a pretext

Closer look at empire of cleric accused in Turkey coup attempt

Can Washington Ever Welcome a Nonviolent Muslim?

Turkish Businesses Snagged In Government’s Post-Coup Crackdown

Erdogan in East Africa to fight against Gulen

Once They were Brothers – Bir Zamanlar Kardeştiler

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News