Wedding gifts will help build dorm and water wells in Tanzania


Date posted: August 24, 2013

Ubeyd and Nurefşan Yeşil donated the gifts presented at their wedding to the Hizmet in Tanzania. Almost $40,000 value donation will be used in the construction of a college dormitory and water wells.

Ubeyd Yeşil who moved to Tanzania last year to start his business got married to Nurefşan Yeşil in Uşak, Turkey. Mr Yeşil went to university in Tokyo and stayed in New York to learn English. He finished Yamanlar High School, which is the first school established by the Hizmet movement.

Newly married couple donated all the wedding gifts, money and jewelry, to Hizmet initiative representatives from Tanzania right after the wedding at the wedding hall.

Mr. Yeşil who represents in Tanzania four Turkish manufacturing companies also volunteers at Hizmet’s activities. He says, “He wants to contribute to Tanzania’s future.”

Mrs. Yeşil accepted, without thinking even for a second, her husband’s proposal to donate all the wedding gifts. She lived in Pakistan for four years because of her father’s work. She prayed that God would accept their donations and help Hizmet everywhere.

Ömer Yeşil, Ubeyd’s father, was extremely happy because of his son’s generosity and acknowledged that his son wanted to move to Tanzania although he needed his son in Turkey; he could not hold his tears.

Disclaimer: The original article is in Turkish. Slight deviations from the original meaning may have occurred due to the difficulties in translating phrases and idioms. PII volunteers translated the article.

Source: Zaman Newspaper , August 24, 2013


Related News

Uplifting Romanian children in need

At a recent event, the children were distributed exclusive gift packs of toys, clothing and stationery. In attendance of the occasion were mayor of Sector 2 of Bucharest, Neculai Ontanu; the renowned Romanian singer, Nicoleta Matei, and Kimse Yok Mu Foundation representative, Orhan Erdogan.

Qatar deports 45 Turkish nationals over Gülen links

Pro-government Sabah daily newspaper claimed on Saturday that 45 Turkish nationals were deported from Qatar for having links to the Gulen movement. The daily said two of those 45 people — academic Zekeriya Özşevik and his wife Derya Özşevik — were detained upon their arrival to Istanbul, giving no detail about the whereabouts of the others.

Kimse Yok Mu distributes aid to Syrian refugees

As Turkey is trying to meet the needs of the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees who have taken shelter in Turkey from the war in Syria, charity organizations have scrambled to launch massive aid campaigns to lend a hand to the embattled refugees, with Kimse Yok Mu providing food and aid for 2,500 Syrians in İstanbul every week.

Today is another Human Rights Day, but atrocities persist | Opinion

One such case is the experience of thousands of Turkish people under the Erdogan regime after the failed coup attempt in July 2016. Soon after the coup attempt, Erdogan’s regime launched a crackdown on opponents and critics, detaining thousands of journalists, rights activists, lawyers, teachers and writers for their alleged involvement in anti-state activities.

Campaign seeks donations for purge-victim Turkish refugees in Greece

A fundraising campaign has been launched for the Turkish refugees who cross into Greece in order to escape an ongoing purge and persecution of Turkish government led by Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Students visiting Turkey bid one another a teary farewell

Students who came to Turkey about four weeks ago to compete in the 11th International Turkish Olympiad — a competition in which Turkish speakers from around the globe recite poetry, write essays and sing songs — bid one another teary farewells during the Olympiad’s closing ceremony in İstanbul on Sunday night. The 11th International Turkish […]

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gulen turns coup accusations on Erdogan

Fethullah Gülen’s message of condolence for veteran journalist Mehmet Ali Birand

PM Erdoğan: Internet bill protesters are defenders of immorality

Statement on Chapel Hill Shootings

Students give International Turkish Olympiad a moving sendoff

Turkey’s largest religious publication group denied spot at Ramadan book fair

Turkish authorities purge regulators, state TV employees in backlash against graft probe

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News