Turkish charity sends aid supplies to Syrian refugees in Iraqi Kurdistan


Date posted: September 7, 2013

A truck filled with aid packages sent by Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) arrived at the Kawrgosk refugee camp in northern Iraq on Thursday, and its contents were distributed to Syrian refugees who have fled ongoing fighting amongst various factions in Syria.
Recent clashes between an al-Qaeda affiliate and the Democratic Union Party (PYD) — a Syrian offshoot of the terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) — have displaced Syrians and forced them to flee to neighboring countries. Iraq has built refugee camps in the provinces of Arbil, Dohuk and Zaho to host the Syrians fleeing the civil war in Syria. Some 20,000 Syrians have flooded into Iraqi Kurdistan in the past couple of weeks, many of them suffering from health complaints due to high temperatures, sometimes reaching 50 degrees Celsius. Those affected, especially children, have received help from the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) as well as the international community. International aid supplies of tents, medicine, food and clothes have been sent from all over the world.

Kimse Yok Mu was the first civil institution in Turkey to send supplies to one of these camps. A truck full of food and clothes set off from Diyarbakır province to the Kawrgosk camp. The truck was escorted to the camp by Arbil district Governor Rizgar Ali and the supplies were distributed to the refugees. Ali expressed his gratitude to the charity and stated that it was the first time they had received help from a civil institution in Turkey, commenting, “These aid packages will strengthen the bond between Muslims.”

Kimse Yok Mu Diyarbakır office head Ahmet Dabanoğlu stated, “We help people in need all over the world without discrimination,” adding that additional supplies are currently being organized.

Source: Today's Zaman , September 6, 2013


Related News

Gov’t ban on charity Kimse Yok Mu hits orphans

Thousands of orphans and needy people around the world whose lives depend on the aid they receive from charities such as Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There?), the largest volunteer and global aid organization based in Turkey, are at risk of being affected by the Turkish government’s restrictions on the charitable association.

Kimse Yok Mu chair Cingöz: Everyone feels some type of oppression in Turkey

Kimse Yok Mu was designated a nongovernmental organization in March 2002. It had started its work following a devastating earthquake in Turkey in August 1999. Kimse Yok Mu now reaches out to different regions of the world affected by catastrophes. It is officially recognized by Turkey as an association that works for “public interest.”

Kimse Yok Mu launches aid campaign for Gazans

TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL  Turkish charity foundation Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) has launched an aid campaign for the people of the Gaza Strip, where 166 Palestinians were killed during a recent conflict between Israel and Hamas. Members of the foundation have distributed food, blankets and household goods as well as other items to the […]

Turkey cooperating with Israel to help Gaza

Diplomatic sources confirmed that an official from the Turkish Red Crescent went to Israel to coordinate humanitarian aid to be sent to Gaza. “There is no other way to provide aid to Gaza,” said the sources on Thursday. Dismissing claims that the Turkish official will be negotiating a cease-fire between Israel and Gaza, sources said Turkey is only in contact with the officials from Hamas and the US regarding the Palestinian territory.

Festival atmosphere in Kimse Yok Mu town

Aid efforts to heal the wounds after the flood leaving million Pakistanis homeless in 2010 have been continuing ever since the disaster. In the Ikbaliye town established in Muzaffargarh by Kimse Yok Mu for 296 homeless flood victims, everyone of all ages are happy today.

Gov’t cancels Kimse Yok Mu’s previously obtained permissions

Following an abrupt Cabinet decision to remove the status of public interest of Kimse Yok Mu, the largest volunteer and global aid organization based in Turkey, the government has also cancelled the charity’s previously obtained permissions to collect donation until the end of this year.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

TUSKON denies mass resignations after corruption probe

Eximbank signs $300 mln deal with Pakistan at Tuskon meeting

[Alleged] “Coup leader” Gülen’s friendships with the Catholic Church

Path of Prophet offers solutions to social ills

Abant Platform calls for ‘respect for sacred’ in Africa meeting

Tevere Institute organized an Iftar Dinner for Diplomats in Vatican

As I researched the Gulen schools in Germany, I experienced beyond what I had expected

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News