Deputy Premier Arinc: We are quite happy of the success of Turkish schools in Yemen

Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey Mr. Bulent Arinc
Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey Mr. Bulent Arinc


Date posted: April 1, 2011

State Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc said that the Turkish schools in Yemen offered a successful education and they felt very happy for this reason. Before his visit to the International Turkish School in Sana, the capital city of Yemen, Arinc talked to the news agency Cihan, “You can see traces of Ottoman and Turkish culture in Yemen. Now we are having a meaningful visit. We are visiting the Turkish international schools here.”

Reminding us of the 5 Turkish schools in Yemen, Arinc said, “They were established in 1998. This one is the school in Sana, there are more than 600 students. 60 teachers work here of which 19 colleagues are from Turkey. We are very happy, it offers a very successful education. All authorities we met in Sana agreed that the schools were very successful.”

Thanking everyone who contributed to the opening of schools, Arinc said: “I give my thanks to all my brothers and sisters who came here from Turkey with enthusiasm to open these schools and who enjoy working here with devotion and pleasure. “May God be pleased with everybody who conduct such kind of service in these countries and who introduce our flag, our Turkish National Anthem and our Turkish language to the world”, he said.

Source: Zaman Newspaper Jan 12, 2011. IDC members translated the news from Turkish.


Related News

Fethullah Gulen’s message in memory of Nelson Mandela

We pay tribute to the honorable life and legacy of Nelson Mandela, who devoted himself to the principles of peace, democracy, social justice and equality. Faced with extraordinary challenges and adversity, he chose reconciliation over retaliation and, in doing so, set an example of living a more noble life.

Erdogan’s dirty deal: Afghanistan to hand over control of Gülenist schools to Turkey

Afghan authorities have drafted a deal giving the Turkish government control of more than a dozen schools in Afghanistan affiliated with the exiled cleric Fethullah Gülen. Western and Afghan officials believe the agreement is part of a bargain allowing Afghanistan’s vice-president, Abdul Rashid Dostum, who has been accused of abducting and torturing a political rival, to seek exile in Turkey.

Turkish teacher dies of cancer, buried in Australia

Sezer Morkoç (43), a chemistry teacher at a Turkish school in Australia, died of cancer on Monday and was buried in Adelaide. Morkoç graduated from the chemistry department of Middle East Technical University (ODTÜ), one of the most prestigious universities in Turkey. He and his family moved to Australia in 2001. He had been teaching at Burc College, a private school founded by Turkish entrepreneurs in Adelaide.

Liberia – Turkish school system holds 7th Science Fair

The Turkish Light International School System campus came alive when students between ages 10 and 18 demonstrated their talents in a science exhibition. The school’s science and technology department has attracted many students to enroll in the institution.

Second Turkish food and culture festival held in South Africa

Ten thousand people attended the second Turkish Culture and Food Festival in Johannesburg, South Africa, tasting Turkish cuisine for the first time, Turkish döner kebabs, kebabs, baklava and other traditional dishes.

Gov’t closes schools instead of resolving education problems

The Ministry of Education and the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government have been focusing on closing down private prep schools for university preparation (dershanes) and Turkish schools abroad instead of spending its energy on resolving critical problems in the Turkish education system, experts say.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Plan to finish off the Hizmet movement

The real problem is not an AK Party-Gülen movement conflict

Erdoğan receives harsh criticism from civil society over bid to close Turkish schools

Lies in the “Research” by Der Spiegel

Fethullah Gülen: ‘I Call For An International Investigation Into The Failed Putsch In Turkey’

Turkey’s greatest service to the Muslim world

EP says Erdoğan’s ‘treason’ accusation ‘totally unacceptable’

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News