Fethullah Gulen’s Message of Condolences for Senator John McCain


Date posted: September 5, 2018

I was deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Senator John McCain, a dedicated public servant and a statesman committed to his principles.

During this sad occasion, I would like to express my gratitude for his lifelong commitment to serving his country and promoting human rights. Senator McCain has consistently spoken out against torture against prisoners of war and has advocated ensuring freedom for all. His moral standing has set an example for future generations.

I extend my heartfelt condolences to his family and loved ones at this difficult time and to the people of Arizona and the United States who mourn him. May God give patience and perseverance to them.

– Fethullah Gulen

 

Source: Alliance for Shared Values , August 26, 2018


Related News

‘Turkish people not silly to believe slanderous news about Gülen’

Lawrence E. Carter, the dean of the Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel, stated that a campaign of slander has bene launched against religious scholar Fethullah Gülen and Hizmet Movement but Turkish people are not stupid to believe such defamations.

GYV: Hard-won democratic gains sacrificed for short-term interests

The move to seek the extradition of Fethullah Gülen using irrational justifications, the pressures on those businesspeople who sympathize with the Hizmet movement and the boycotts and sufferings that came in the wake of Erdoğan’s threat, “Do not given them [the Hizmet movement] even a single drop of water,” are the sort of developments unseen even during coup eras.

Gülen worries fake news could associate new terror attacks, assassinations in Turkey with him

US-based Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen said on Tuesday that fabricated stories in the pro-government media about new terror attacks and political assassinations in Turkey could be associated with followers of the faith-based Gülen movement.

Enes Kanter calls Turkey’s Erdoğan ‘Hitler of our century’ after airport detainment

Oklahoma City Thunder center Enes Kanter expressed his desire to become a US citizen and underscored a previous claim that Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is the “Hitler of our century” on Monday in New York in his first comments since his detainment at a Romanian airport over the weekend.

Ramadan meal iftar helps Muslims break religious, cultural barriers with guests

“May God accept your fasting,” Turkish-American host Fuat Aksoy said as each member of his family bit into a date palm — together breaking their Ramadan fast.

Turkish Cultural Center Holds Annual Friendship Dinner

The Turkish Cultural Center Queens held its 12th annual friendship dinner and award ceremony at Flushing Town Hall last week. In the words of Turkish Cultural Center representatives, the dinner and awards ceremony brings together community leaders, elected officials, non-governmental organizations, clergy, academicians and others “to foster mutual understanding, respect and love.”

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish School Officially Opens in Rwanda

Gülen has strongly rejected comparison to Iran’s Khomeini time and again

Gülen: PKK employing tactics similar to those of Feb. 28

Deepening crisis

Princeton professor accuses Gulen of orchestrating Turkish coup, Harvard professor disagrees

Should I not respond to those who want to strangle me?

Turkish PM acknowledges phone call to media executive

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News