Anonymous witnesses fail to identify suspects they earlier tipped off as Gulenist


Date posted: November 10, 2017

An anonymous witness in Denizli failed to identify any of the 145 suspects, earlier accused of being followers of the Gulen movement, during a court hearing on Oct. 30.

The secret witness, called Aslan, told during the court appearance that he doesn’t know the suspects by name but that he is sure about their affiliations to the movement.

“If you tell me all the names, I will tell you the ones that I knew,” Aslan said.

The judge in charge loudly read the names, however Aslan did not remember any of them. The judge asked: “Did you tip off about some names during your statement to the prosecutor, is that right?” and Aslan responded positively.

Another witness, named as Battal, said he knew only two of the suspects. “I have known M.C.P. for long. I have never seen him attending to gatherings by the terrorist organization. And about T.I., I know him as a follower of the F..O who attended their gatherings and volunteered as a host in some events organized by them. I saw him attending to those gatherings for many times,” he said.

145 suspects in Denizli, mostly businessmen, are accused of links to the movement, which the government blames for the July 15, 2016 coup attempt and considers a terrorist organization. 79 of those suspects were remanded in prison pending trial while the remaining are subject to trial without arrest.

The movement denies role in the failed takeover and terror accusations.

Already jailed more than 55,000 people over Gulen links, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan earlier called on citizens to report Gulenists to police whenever they see one. Friends, colleagues and even spouses are reporting each other to law enforcement in Turkey as polarization in the society has intensified since the July 15 coup attempt. In one occasion, a man in a small Aegean district of Turkey turned his girlfriend in to the police, alleging she is a Gülen movement sympathizer, after his proposal of marriage was rejected.

 

 

Source: Turkey Purge , November 2, 2017


Related News

You can’t achieve democracy through military coup – Islamic scholar

“Once again, the Turkish media, under government control or pressure, is circulating horrific rumours, this time about a supposed second coup attempt in the works, supposedly prepared by my sympathizers with the backing of the United States. Such rumours are unfounded and irresponsible,” Gülen said.

Gülen: The coup attempt was an outrageous scenario constructed by Erdoğan

“Last year’s failed coup attempt in Turkey [was] nothing but a false flag orchestrated by Turkey’s autocratic President Erdoğan and his henchmen to create a pretext for [the] mass persecution of critics and opponents in a state of perpetual emergency,” SCF concluded.

Lies in the “Research” by Der Spiegel

MAHMUT ÇEBİ  August 8, 2012 Fethullah Gülen has so far been designated with numerous titles: Islamist, pro-Christian, pro-sharia, pro-Vatican, pro-ummah, pro-Turan (Turkish ethnic nationalist), pro-American, pro-Israel, Calvinist, etc. Those who never listened to him or read his books have attacked him with as many defamations as they wished. But these decades-long groundless attacks have never […]

The Alliance for Shared Values Statement on Ankara Attacks

The Alliance for Shared Values deplores the bombing attacks perpetrated against peaceful protesters today in Ankara. We are deeply saddened by the increasing number of losses and injuries and offer our condolences to the families and friends of the victims. It is now more important than ever that we do not fall prey to the pernicious intentions behind these attacks.

London newspaper forced to shut as Erdogan allies seek vengeance

A Turkish opposition newspaper in Britain has been forced to close and its journalists have gone into hiding as supporters of President Erdogan unleash a campaign of intimidation against exiles.

Turkey’s Crackdown on Businesses Sparks Concern

The Turkish government crackdown that followed the failed July coup is expanding to businesses, with the assets of major multibillion-dollar conglomerates seized, along with hundreds of smaller companies.

Latest News

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

University refuses admission to woman jailed over Gülen links

In Case You Missed It

KYM Volunteers lend a hand to Kosovo

TÜBİTAK official says forced to make changes to bugging device report

Judge says judiciary still under tutelage, implies gov’t responsible

Pakistani students compete to advance to final of Turkish Olympiads

Unscrupulous news reporting by Der Spiegel

Conflict between Gülen Movement and Turkey’s ruling AKP reflected in business world

Dozens detained in gov’t witch-hunt against Gülen movement

Copyright 2022 Hizmet News