Pak-Turk schools replace Turkish principals with Pakistanis


Date posted: August 10, 2016

Haider Ali Sindhu

ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Paving the way for a drastic shuffle in Pak-Turk schools, as many as 28 principles of the schools have been removed from their posts having Turkish nationality. Moreover, Board of Directors have also been dissolved in a latest move.

The decision to reorganize the network of schools run by Gulen supporters came after Erdogan administration pushed Pakistan to take action against the network as Turkey considers Fethullah Gulen behind the botched coup and consequently wants an end to promotion of Gulen ideology.

A source in the federal government told Dawn that the Turkish government had suggested handing over of the chain to an international NGO having links with the Erdogan administration.

A source privy to the developments told that the Turkish nationals holding managerial designations will now serve as teachers in Pak-Turk schools. Reportedly, a new six-member BoD with complete local representation had been formed to run the affairs of the school.

Last week, during an official visit to Islamabad, Turkish Foreign Minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu, stressed the chain of ‘Gulen-run’ schools in Pakistan should be shut down. The latest move is perceived as Pakistan’s reply to the request.

On the other hand, Islamabad-Parents Teacher Association of Pak-Turk School on Tuesday held a press conference to address the concerns of parents over news reports regarding closure and transfer of the schools.

The press conference was headed by Hafiz SA Rehman, one of the parents besides being a senior lawyer of Supreme Court of Pakistan conducting and pleading as counsel the case of Pak-Turk institution in Islamabad High Court.

Hafiz SA Rehman on behalf of all the school management, parents and students said, “Our sympathies and good wishes go in the best interest of Turkey. But we are also extremely disturbed by attempts by certain segments to impute political and even terrorist linkages with the Pak-Turk schools that are capable of stigmatizing and jeopardizing our children as students and us as parents” SA Rehman said according to The Nation.

 

Source: Daily Pakistan , August 10, 2016


Related News

How come a 25 days old BABY could be a THREAT to the national security?

I was told that [Turkish Consulate] may issue a 3 months temporary passport which we can only use it to get back to Turkey. To ensure that they also labeled an extra note on the passport which says can only be used to return to Turkey.

The Remarkable Scale of Turkey’s “Global Purge”

The global purge further erodes hopes that the end of the Cold War and expansion of the liberal order would result in democratic consolidation. The global purge is a threat not just to the Turkish diaspora but to the rule of law everywhere.

US, Gülen to trigger artificial earthquake(!) in İstanbul, Ankara mayor says

Ankara’s mayor Melih Gökçek claimed in series of tweets from his personal account on Saturday that external powers, including the US, is planning to trigger a artificial eartquake in İstanbul along theGülen Movement. “I had said FETO and US expects an earthquake in İstanbul in August 14 similar to the Gölcük eartquake in 1999. I ruined their plan after revealing in TVs. But the propoganda continues. The plan was to trigger an earthquake in İstanbul to destroy Turkey’s economy as US promised to FETO,” Gökçek wrote.

Azerbaijan’s Turkish Schools celebrates 20th anniversary

Gulistan Palace in Azerbaijan’s capital Baku witnessed an exciting ceremony for the 20th anniversary of Turkish schools. A conference entitled “Contemporary Azerbaijan and Çağ Schools” was held as part of the celebration. The Secretaries of Education, Transportation and Social Security of Azerbaijan, congressmen, and presidents of several universities attended the conference. In his speech, Dr. […]

Faces of Manisa prisoners rendered unrecognizable due to torture, lawyer says

The faces of people held in a Manisa prison have become unrecognizable due to heavy torture, Seda Tanrıkulu, a lawyer representing some of the prisoners, told the Turkish media. “When I met with prisoners, there were bruises on the face of D.K., made by the boots of officials,” Tanrıkulu said.

Governor asks Turkish organisation to focus on Balochistan

ISLAMABAD, Dec 1 (APP): The Governor of Balochistan Muhammad Khan Achakzai has asked a Turkish organisation to pay special attention to promotion of education in the province of Balochistan. Provision of quality education in the far-flung areas of the underdeveloped province will help people come out of poverty in short span which will settle many […]

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Students of Turkish school in Iraq learn four languages

Hizmet movement rejects claim of forming political party

GYV’s dialogue center not returned despite court order

Mr. Gulen is trying to interpret the broad humanistic principles of the Qur’an for the modern world

It is shame not to reopen Halki Greek Orthodox Seminary

Erdogan’s Hate Speech against the Gulen Movement

Defamation – Turkey’s Justice Minister: Gülen Followers Take Christian Names To Infiltrate Western States

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News