Parents: Pak-Turk institutions’ control should not be transferred


Date posted: August 9, 2016

ISLAMABAD: Pak-Turk International’s Parents and Teachers Association (PTA) on Tuesday stressed against transferring the institutions’ control to other organisations as it will affect the future of its 1500 teachers’ future along with 10,000 students enrolled in 28 schools, colleges.

In a press conference, Pak-Turk Rawalpindi-Islamabad branches Spokesman Advocate Hafiz Arfat said that these institutions were working in the country since the last twenty years and the abilities of the Turkish teacher’s cannot be challenged.

The Pakistani government, he said, have cooperated with these schools and colleges after the coup in Turkey, adding that the states’ services for children and teachers were also commendable. Arfat said that the Pak-Turk institutions were registered foundations with reasonable tuition fee for students.

The decision for the closing or transferring of power of the institutions would not be acceptable to Pak-Turk management, he remarked, adding that a writ has already been filed in Islamabad High Court.

The spokesman urged that if the government found any one from these schools involved in illegal practices, it should take strict action against him. There was no specific group running these schools and no foreign funding was being received for Pak-Turk schools, he added.

The PTA – in the press conference – strongly condemned the recent coup in Turkey saying that it was a conspiracy against the democratic government. Prayer was also held for Quetta martyrs.

It is pertinent to note that, the future of private schools set up by the Pak-Turk International Schools and Colleges network plunged into uncertainty after Turkey called on the Pakistani government to close down all the institutions backed by the Gulen-inspired Hizmet movement.

The network of 28 schools and colleges in Islamabad, Lahore, Quetta, Karachi, Hyderabad, Khairpur and Jamshoro has 1,500 staff members – who teach around 10,000 students from pre-school to A-levels.

Source: Daily Times , August 9, 2016


Related News

Fethullah Gülen in Indonesia

Gülen is a unique scholar whose knowledge, thought and actions inspire many intellectuals, scholars and academics around the globe. Yet some unfortunate people in Turkey are trying desperately to defame him. By doing so, they put themselves into an absurd position.

Nigeria’s House of Representatives wants Turkey to know that Nigerian lives matter

Nigerian students in Turkey say that the Turkish government has declared a war on them and that they feel targeted, therefore they stay in hiding for fear of being arrested or deported. “We are scared of leaving our rooms for fear of being arrested and charged with terrorism, or deported. There is a man-hunt for Nigerian students in Turkey,” a student told The Cable.

Erdoğan media’s accusations against Gülen and Hizmet

Amost all of the same lies [against Gülen] are now repeated almost verbatim by the TV channels and newspapers under the control of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

Russian analyst: Turkey’s claim Gülen was behind envoy’s killing insult to ‘our intelligence’

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s claim that US-based Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen was behind the assassination of Russia’s ambassador to Turkey on Monday is an insult to Russian intelligence, a prominent Russian analyst said.

President of Zambia Mr. Rupiah Banda thanks Turkish investors in education

President Banda said he had been to Turkey twice and was impressed with the country’s standards of education and that is why he had requested Turkish partners to come to Zambia and work with the Government in the pursuit of quality education. Mr. Rupiah Banda has advised the Ministry of Education to pay serious attention […]

Turkish school in Uganda challenges discrimination against albinos

A Turkish school established in Uganda has challenged discrimination against albinos in the country by giving an albino student a full scholarship.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu provides TL 11 million aid to Palestine

Before the Lights are Out…

‘The work of Hizmet followers is really tackling the fundamentals of what is needed in the society’

Hizmet and the interfaith movement

Former TÜBİTAK VP: Over 250 dismissed in 2 months

Turkey Coup: Erdogan Uses Stalinist Measures To Crack Down On Education

In Blow to Erdogan, Turkish Court Halts Closing of Schools Tied to His Rival

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News