Kimse Yok Mu offers much-needed help in Gaza

(Photo: Sunday's Zaman, Mehmet Ali Poyraz)
(Photo: Sunday's Zaman, Mehmet Ali Poyraz)


Date posted: September 29, 2014

MEHMET ALİ POYRAZ / ISTANBUL

The Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) foundation, known for assisting people all over the world, has reached out to victims in Gaza who are still reeling from Israel’s attacks last month.

Since the start of the offensive, the foundation has worked to bring in much-needed aid and assistance, and it is still a point of hope for many of those whose lives were shaken by the conflict. The organization has so far helped bring food, supplies and medicine to local hospitals, and it has recently provided around $500,000 in aid.

Those neighborhoods closest to the border with Israel were the ones in Gaza most severely damaged during the bombardment by Israel. In fact, around 10,000 homes were destroyed by the many rockets and tank shells that hit the area. There were some 6,500 homes that were also seriously damaged, though not destroyed. Gazans who were left homeless set up tents next to the remains of their former homes. Others moved in with family and friends who still had shelter to provide. The Israeli government has not allowed construction supplies to be sent to Gaza, which is under an embargo. And since construction supplies can’t get in, there are now around 12,000 homes sitting unoccupied.

And so it is that Gazans await help from abroad. Since 2006, the Kimse Yok Mu foundation has resolved to increase its assistance to Palestinians. In fact, the charity has provided around TL 10 million in assistance to Palestinians in all, with TL 1.3 million of this being sent in the last two months.

The foundation’s most recent goal is to get TL 3 million worth of assistance to Gazan residents. Working with the Peace Foundation in Gaza, Kimse Yok Mu says it is also focused on coordinating its efforts with local administrations to achieve the best results possible.

The head of the Palestinian International Health Assistance Commission, Dr. Muhammed Kasif, underscored that Kimse Yok Mu has been the quickest organization on hand when it comes to getting in assistance to Gazans. He expressed his gratitude to the organization, noting that though it is one of many in Gaza, it stands out.

He also noted that Gaza has been in trouble for the past 20 years and that with each new conflict the number of local people depending on outside help grows higher and higher. He also says that because of the embargo, doctors and medicine are simply not making their way into the region. Kasif said: “We need both medicine and medical equipment urgently because of the embargo. Also, we are unable to send our doctors abroad to get the necessary training. Our hospitals are not able to keep up. And the people of the area can’t obtain the medical care they need. We do everything we can … and we always get the fastest response [for aid] from Turkey.”

Gaza Social Affairs Director Muhammed Ebu Gunem said that some 40 percent of Gazans are already impoverished and living in terrible conditions. But, he said, this latest conflict has only caused these numbers to swell. Gunem underscores that permanent projects need to get under way in Gaza in order to help: “Thousands of homes were destroyed in this latest war. People were left sleeping outside. The winter months are approaching. People can stay with relatives for a few months, but then they will need new homes. When there are no homes on hand, other aid and assistance becomes somewhat meaningless.”

Dr. Nasır Elsadi, a representative of Kimse Yok Mu and the head of the Peace Foundation, noted that the people of Gaza are immensely grateful for the aid that is reaching them. He said the need for aid and assistance never seems to end in Gaza and discussed ongoing health-related projects. He made note of some the projects that his organizations have undertaken, including aid for more than 300 children in the area. Elsadi said that his organizations, together with state officials, held a tender for a $203,000 X-ray machine. He said he goes door to door with family counselors to determine who needs assistance, and makes sure that assistance reaches those Gazans who are truly in need.

kimse-yok-mu-in-gaza1

kimse-yok-mu-in-gaza2

kimse-yok-mu-in-gaza3

kimse-yok-mu-in-gaza4

Source: Today's Zaman , September 27, 2014


Related News

Peace Curriculum Includes Fethullah Gulen

The Peace Learning Center in Eagle Creek, Indiana has added Fethullah Gulen to the peacemaking curriculum and Executive Director Tim Nation says Gulen’s work to promote interfaith dialogue and community service makes him an excellent peacemaker. The Peace Learning Center in Eagle Creek, Indiana has been teaching thousands of young people about how to be […]

ACDC Builds Clean Water Well in Benin!

ACDC received 4.000 USD donation for building water well in Benin. We appreciate donors whom heard Benin People needs. KYM volunteers in Benin will start to build the water well in coming days.

Aid delivery to Gaza continues under bombardments

Kimse Yok Mu, one the most active charity organizations inside Gaza delivers food, water and other necessary provisions to thousands of war weary Gazans. Underscoring the vital importance of food and healthcare supplies these days in the blocked strip, Gaza representative of Kimse Yok Mu Nasser al-Sadi stated that aids coming from Turkey are lifesaving.

Uplifting Romanian children in need

At a recent event, the children were distributed exclusive gift packs of toys, clothing and stationery. In attendance of the occasion were mayor of Sector 2 of Bucharest, Neculai Ontanu; the renowned Romanian singer, Nicoleta Matei, and Kimse Yok Mu Foundation representative, Orhan Erdogan.

Texans experience Turkish culture by volunteering

After helping to distribute charity Kimse Yok Mu’s (Is Anybody There) Eid al-Adha care packages to families in Turkey, four Americans travelling across the country shared their satisfying experiences with local Turkish families.

German view of Hizmet Movement (2)

Seufert writes the Hizmet movement has arrived in Germany 30 years late, homed in on schooling and education rather than mosques; and that, currently, the number of schools and education centers has reached 24 and 300 respectively. “Gulen Movement is not a threat in Europe. If it was to pose any form of threat, it would be to its members who submit to authoritarian bodies. Yet, there has been no example of anyone forced to stay within the body against his/her will.”

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Will the military take up arms against Gülen supporters?

Alevi associations react against halt of mosque-cemevi project

“Somalis will remember your aid”

Turkey’s purges are hitting its business class

Ex-Pentagon advisor says Turkey is heading towards civil conflict, if not civil war

The Government Response to Turkey’s Coup Is an Affront to Democracy

You are free to touch Hizmet movement

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News