Erdogan Gov’t aims to abolish global charity Kimse Yok Mu

Kimse Yok Mu President, İsmail Cingöz
Kimse Yok Mu President, İsmail Cingöz


Date posted: August 7, 2014

Kimse Yok Mu Foundation (KYM) continues to provide aid to 320 thousand registered needy families around the world on a regular basis and offers a beacon of hope for over 3 million in total. Having some 53 thousand volunteers, the foundation provides aid from staples to medical or education assistance to hundreds of thousands in places including Gaza, Syria, Myanmar and Somalia.

“We are ready for any inspection”

Ismail Cingoz, the foundation’s chairman spoke on their future initiatives to the daily Bugün. Cingoz said they have been undergoing inspection for the past seven months. He further said as KYM they are ready for any inspection of transparency and credibility. 

“The world’s biggest problem is not economic but “egonomic.” I mean it is the egoism in a person’s inner world. We’ve been seeking to turn that egoism into the idea of doing something good and benefiting others.”

Cingoz said charities are of great importance to countries and nations. He further said to take away someone’s ambition to help others is actually to blow up his/her conscience. “To destroy whatever do not belong to me is in fact to set fire and bring an end to this country. A door to charity, like KYM, is not easily born. I think this kind of attrition is actually shooting ourselves in the foot.”

Gaza among the top five most assisted

Cingoz recalled thousands have been victim to Israel’s attacks on Palestine. He revealed Gaza is among their top five most assisted places. “Gaza has a population of 1,5 million. KYM established its water infrastructure serving 60 thousand people. We also built the renowned Gaza Sifa Hospital and the library serving 6o thousand students in the Gaza campus of El-Kuddus University. The country is always among the top five of our international aid efforts. We will also give away mattresses and blankets to some 10 thousand for winter.”

“We are following up on 110 thousand Syrians”

Cingoz said the foundation has been providing scholarships to the children of 211 families affected by the mining disaster in Soma, Turkey. They donated apartments to 11 victim families as well. Speaking of their efforts for Syrian refugees, Cingoz said they’ve been following up on 110 thousand Syrians and spent 67 million Turkish Liras to date.

Source: HizmetMovement.com , August 5, 2014


Related News

Turkish ruling party’s targeting of the Gülen movement constitutes a crime against humanity

Members of the Gülen movement, also known as the Hizmet movement, have systematically and for many years now, had secret files kept on them. They have also been followed, fired from their jobs and made the targets of extreme insults and curse words.

Study Reveals Horrible Pattern Of Hate Speech By Erdoğan, The Chief Hatemonger In Turkey

The xenophobic feelings towards minorities, vulnerable groups, opposition figures and foreigners in today’s Turkey are being charged by country’s authoritarian leader Recep Tayyip Erdoğan who spews hate speech effectively every day, giving rise to discrimination and stigmatization of millions of people in Turkey and around the world.

Recent poll on Hizmet movement

DR. DOĞU ERGİL, April 24, 2012 The MetroPOLL Strategic and Social Research Center conducted a nationwide survey during the last week of March and the first week of April. The topics polled included the clash between the Gülen community and the National Intelligence Organization (MİT). The number of respondents who believe the Gülen community wants to […]

Turkish PM Erdoğan’s imagined enemies

Turkey is no longer the old Turkey. The affluent middle class, the young population and stronger civil society organizations, strengthened by the digital revolution with such tools as social media and Internet portals, will resist any attempts to turn the clock backwards on the development of Turkish democracy. People will simply ask why Prime Minister Erdoğan is not going after his people who have been sleeping with the enemy next door if he is really sincere in addressing external threats to this great nation.

Lawyer: Claims about Gülen followers among ‘jihadist group’ baseless defamation

The lawyer of Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen has strongly dismissed claims by a French publication that followers of Gülen are among members of an alleged jihadist formation encouraged by Turkey to fight a political offshoot of the terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) in Syria as baseless slanders. “The claim in question is first of all […]

War on Gulen Movement undermines Turkish diplomacy

Bent on dismantling the “parallel state,” Ankara has embarked on a reckless campaign that threatens to undermine Turkey’s foreign relations. After corruption probes targeted Cabinet members in December 2013, it came as no surprise when the AKP government dismissed and reassigned thousands of police officers, prosecutors and judges in the course of a fierce war on the movement of cleric Fethullah Gulen.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Teachers, parents oppose Pak-Turk Schools takeover

Kimse Yok Mu extends helping hand to Kyrgyz orphans

Society, not community!

Rumi Forum bestows Peace and Dialogue Awards

Turkish schools key to success in Africa

Sacked policeman’s grim death sparks debate on COVID-19 data in Turkish prisons

Pro-gov’t journo says Gülen followers were abducted, illegally questioned by Turkey’s intelligence agency

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News