Samanyolu high school wins gold medal in TÜBİTAK contest


Date posted: May 12, 2014

ANKARA

Ankara’s private Samanyolu Science High School picked up a gold medal on Monday in the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey’s (TÜBİTAK) 45th Research Projects contest.

Samanyolu Science High School students Sadık Said Kasap and Onur Sulak won the gold medal among 24 final contenders whose work was chosen out of 1,156 projects.

Kasap and Sulak stated that they had been working on their project for the last eight months and that they had striven to make a contribution to the world of mathematics.

TÜBİTAK Chairman Yücel Altunbaşak said TÜBİTAK is celebrating its 50th anniversary and that this competition has been held for 45 years.

“This shows how much we care about new projects. The interest in this competition is increasing by the year,” added Altunbaşak.

Source: Todays Zaman , May 12, 2014


Related News

Daily: Gov’t, watchdog attempted to sink Bank Asya

The Turkish government and the country’s banking watchdog were aware of and supported a recent defamation campaign allegedly aimed at sinking the country’s leading participation bank.

3,623 Aggravated Life Sentences Sought In Turkey For Scholar Fethullah Gülen

Turkish prosecutors, part of a judiciary strongly under the influence of Turkey’s autocratic President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, have demanded 3,623 aggravated life sentences for Turkish-Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who lives in self-imposed exile in the US.

High court accepts indictment against Cihaner and Gen. Berk

The Supreme Court of Appeals on Friday accepted an indictment concerning a former third army commander and a prosecutor, who is currently a Republican People’s Party (CHP) deputy, accusing the two men of founding and running a terrorist group. 2 March 2012 / TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL The action plan details a military plan to destroy […]

SP’s Kamalak says MGK, not Hizmet movement, should discuss Kurdish issue

Felicity Party (SP) leader Mustafa Kamalak, commenting on a proclamation made by the National Security Council (MGK) on Wednesday, has said that instead of labeling the Hizmet movement as a “threat to national security,” the MGK should consider the government’s Kurdish policy which is leading to a “division of the country.”

Minister thankful to Fethullah Gulen for backing the peace process

Minister of EU Affairs and Chief Negotiator Egemen Bagis, thankful to Fethullah Gulen for backing the ongoing peace process in Turkey’s Kurdish issue, said, “The peace process is a process in which the entire nation feels the honor of being equal citizens of the same state under the same flag. So I would like to […]

Gift From God: How Erdogan Turned July 15 Into Windfall

According to an official narrative of the government, MIT learned the coup plans earlier in the day and its chief several times discussed it with army chief Akar. One fundamental contradiction was the fact that despite this early warning and intelligence, commanders of navy, ground forces and air forces attended a wedding ceremony that night.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Samanyolu high school ranks first in Infomatrix Asia and Pacific Olympics

Hrant Topakiyan’s feelings about the Journalists and Writers Foundation

Goods signed by Obama, Stallone auctioned at Turkish organization fundraiser

Government media runs riot in smear campaign against Hizmet

Overwhelming public response in support of Bank Asya

In Turkey, The Man To Blame For Most Everything(!) Is A U.S.-Based Cleric

Jailed journalist facing new trial for not calling Gülen movement a terror organization

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News