Ghana delegation explores business in Turkey


Date posted: May 6, 2014

IZMIR

A fifteen Ghanaian business delegation is in Izmir, Turkey, to participate in an international business summit dubbed, “Turkey-Midwest Africa Trade Bridge.”

The highly professional international business summit, organised by the Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists of Turkey (TUSKON), targets importers and importer companies operating in the fields of construction, furniture, food, agriculture, textile and cosmetics.

The 15-member delegation is part of 100 selected companies from the Midwest African countries who have already been linked to the Turkish business community.

They are expected to move into business-to-business meetings immediately after the opening session today.

Participating countries are Turkey, Ghana, Nigeria, Burkina Faso and Niger. Ethiopia, which is not within the Midwest African countries, is expected to join as observer and as a way of signalling its interest in doing businesses with Turkey.

Briefing the Daily Graphic on arrival in Izmir, the Secretary General of the Ghana Turkey Co-operation and Development (TUDEC), Mr Huseyin Uysal, explained that about 30 leading Turkish manufacturers would mount an exhibition, while 300 were expected to meet with their African counterparts during the business-to-business segment of the summit.

He said the summit was a unique platform where the Ghanaian business community could meet and interact with reliable Turkish exporters, manufacturers, investors and traders.

Mr Uysal expressed the hope that the summit would generate interest among business communities in both countries.

He said since TUSKON was an umbrella organisation of seven business federations and 211 business associations, “such a platform offers a wide range of opportunities for the Ghanaian business community to take advantage of.”

TUSKON currently represents 55,000 business people and more than 140,000 companies. It is the largest business not-for-profit institution in Turkey.

Source: ghanaweb , May 6, 2014


Related News

Ethiopian schools linked to Turkish cleric are sold to German educators

A network of schools in Ethiopia linked to Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen is changing ownership. The sale of the Nejashi Ethio-Turkish International Schools follows pressure from the government of Turkish President Erdogan, who is urging countries that host institutions inspired by Gulen to close or take them over.

Turkish businesswomen building orphanage in Burundi

Over a dozen Turkish businesswomen visited Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi, which neighbors Kenya and Rwanda in East Africa, from Friday to Sunday with an aid program organized by the İstanbul-based nonprofit Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) foundation.

Turkey’s Erdogan vows to cut off revenues of Gulen-linked businesses

“The business world is where they are the strongest. We will cut off all business links, all revenues of Gulen-linked business. We are not going to show anyone any mercy,” Erdogan said, describing the detentions so far as just the tip of the iceberg. The Turkish authorities had already seized a bank, taken over or closed several media companies, and detained businessmen on allegations of funding the cleric’s movement ahead of the failed coup attempt.

Erdogan in Africa: Gulen and trade ties

Erdogan wants the Gulen-linked schools in Africa to be closed down, yet they are the very educational establishments which are popular with Africa’s middle class. They are an inexpensive alternative to French schools. If parents send their children to Turkish schools, it is not because the schools are Turkish, but because they employ good teachers. Africa’s middle class want good schools.

Swinging between hope and despair – Opposing news from Yemen

Levent Koç* We are in an era where we are swinging between hope and despair. More things push us towards despair than what makes us hopeful. Recently, I read two news stories about Yemen; one hurt my hope, the other refreshed it. Yemen is a poor country, often mentioned in the world media because of […]

Le Monde: Ankara offered Senegalese government $7.5 million to transfer Yavuz Selim educational group to Maarif

“I don’t even know who Gülen or (Turkish President Recep Tayyip) Erdoğan are,” mother Oury Mbaye told the website following reports her child’s school could be handed over to the Turkish government-controlled Maarif Foundation. “If they are imposing managers on me that have no experience in education, I will transfer my children to a French school. I did not choose Maarif.”

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gulen’s Message of condolence for Muhammad Ali

Prominent theologian says Turkey in crisis with international community

Purge-victim family drowns in the Aegean Sea off Turkey

Sacked Turkish professor applies to employment organization

PM’s discourse over ‘no family, children’ offensive, hurtful

In Erdogan regime western-oriented intellectuals, bureaucrats, liberals, Kurds, civil society activists in mortal danger

CSOs continue to condemn hate speech against Hizmet movement

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News