Date posted: March 27, 2014
For more information or to apply, please follow this link
The competition aims to produce applicable and innovative ideas for eradicating
poverty and support to human and social development, create social awareness and make
social impact by implementing these ideas.
InnovAction for Poverty;
In line with the aforementioned aims we invite papers on a variety of topics including,
but not limited to:
Handling Anti-Poverty Issues by ICT
Social Innovation for Reducing Poverty
Generating Social Capital
Reducing Poverty with Human Dignity and Creativity
Agriculture, Food Security and Development
Education and Training
Empowerment of Women, Struggling with Feminization of Poverty
Reducing Poverty in a Regional Case Study
Building Domestic Capacity
Terms of Application
1. The competition is open to master’s/PhD. students and graduates all over the
2. The participants will write a research paper on any of the above noted topics or
another topic related to purposes of the competition.
3. Papers should be innovative and make social impact.
4. The research papers will be sent via e-mail.
5. Authors take responsibility for the ideas in the research papers.
6. The evaluation of the papers will be carried out by the Commission of Evaluation,
composed of academicians, chosen by KYD.
7. By submitting an entry for this competition, it is assumed that the work is an
original effort of the entrant and has not been published anywhere else and has not
been awarded any national or international prize.
8. The copyright of the research paper is also transferred to KYD and it means they
can use part or whole of the document, giving the author’s name.
9. The awards belong to author of the research paper and cannot be transferred to
10. Co-authored papers are eligible. If an awarded paper is co-authored, the award will
be divided equally among the co-authors.
11. If an award-worthy paper has been awarded before or concurrent to this contest the
award will be taken back and that will not give any right to the other attendees.
12. Attendees accept that the study belongs to her/him. KYD does not condone
fraudulent projects of any kind. This includes plagiarism and the presentation of
another’s work as one’s own. Fraudulent proposals will be rejected; if such a
proposal is found to be fraudulent after receiving a grant, KYD will demand the
return of the awarded amount.
13. KYD reserves the right to make no award if none of the entries is considered
14. Expenses for travel and accommodation will be covered for the awarded authors.
15. It is also assumed that all personal details provided by the author in application
form are correct and verifiable.
16. The attendees considered to accept these rules.
1. The language of the competition is English.
2. The abstract of the research paper must be submitted not later than 12 May 2014.
3. Abstracts must not be longer than 500 words and must include the purpose, the
research question and the importance of the study, the methodology and the findings.
4. The research paper must be typed in 1.5 spaced, in APA style and must not exceed 20
5. The author’s identity must not be identifiable in any way from the paper. The
information about the author will take place in application form, provided from
Abstracts for Paper Due : 12 May 2014
Confirmation for Accepted Papers: 1 July 2014
Submission of Full Papers : 15 September 2014
Confirmation for Awarded Papers : 3 November 2014
$ 5,000 $ 4,500
$ 3,750 $ 3,250
$ 2,000 $ 1,500
The research paper must be sent to [email protected] mail address with
application form that can be found on http://www.kimseyokmu.org.tr
About Kimse Yok Mu
Kimse Yok Mu is an international organization based in Istanbul, Turkey. Working in 103 countries worldwide, KYD focuses mainly on humanitarian aid and development. KYD holds UN ECOSOC special consultative status and is a solution partner of UNHCR.
Source: International Peace and Conflict , March 26, 2014
Tags: Hizmet (Gulen) movement | Humanitarian aid |