Nigerian President opens Turkish Hospital


Date posted: February 21, 2014

Paul Obi 

President Goodluck Jonathan Thursday inaugurated a $20 million Nizamaye Hospital in Abuja, seen as a remarkable milestone in the bilateral relations between Nigeria and Turkey.
The 80-bed world-class facility put at about N3.23 billion, is located in an industrial layout in the city and is the first time Turkey, under the Nigeria-Turkish expatriate business group, ventures into healthcare service delivery in the country.

This came as the president also inaugurated an ultra modern administrative and laboratory complex of the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD), Idu, Abuja.
Speaking at the inauguration,  Jonathan said: “Research and development are critical to our national technological and scientific advancement and our quest to become one of the 20 largest world economies.”
The president explained that, “in today’s global world, a nation’s competitiveness is determined by its achievement in science and technology, triggered by research.”

At the opening of the Turkish hospital,  Turkey’s Ambassador to Nigeria, Mustafa Pulat said: “This hospital is another token of our interest and determination to come to Nigeria – in the best way we can.”
Pulat had told journalists that “It is our own investment in the human capital of Nigeria,” meant to provide care for the health needs of Nigerians who troop in their thousands abroad for overseas medical services.
“The outcome will be long term. We have to be patient. The outcomes will be strong and very beneficial for Nigeria and Turkey.”

The two countries had maintained bilateral relations in business terms since the Nigerian-Turkish group began its gradual creep in 1998 into the Nigerian education system.
From records, including primary and international colleges, Nigerian-Turkish group now runs 16 schools, including Nile University it started four years ago.

Nizamiye cost an estimated $20 million (N3.233 billion) to set up, said its medical director, Dr. Mustafa Ahsen, and its manpower stands at around 148, Nigerian and Turkish combined.

Nizamiye Hospital, occupying four floors on prime property, started work last year, several months before its official opening. It offers services in internal medicine, radiology, ear-nose-and-throat, paediatrics, orthopaedics and gynaecology.
Though the hospital doesn’t have a psychiatry unit, but Ahsen said it planned to open units in angiography and emergency cardiology and gradually expand to a teaching hospital to serve the group’s Nile University.

Source: This Day Live , February 21, 2014


Related News

US Congress members reaffirm unbreakable bonds with Turks

Dozens of members of the United States Congress have reaffirmed strong ties and growing friendship between Turks and Americans in an annual grand convention that also brought together businessmen and public figures. Organized by the Turkic American Alliance (TAA) and the Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON), which represents six regional federations and over […]

The message at the dialogue dinner: There’s no alternative to one Nigeria

The Archbishop of Abuja made the statement during a Friendship and Dialogue Dinner, organised by UFUK Dialogue in Abuja recently. He said, “God has put us all in this one boat called Nigeria. And we really have no other option than to try to live together in peace with all our differences.

Fethullah Gulen’s message in memory of Nelson Mandela

We pay tribute to the honorable life and legacy of Nelson Mandela, who devoted himself to the principles of peace, democracy, social justice and equality. Faced with extraordinary challenges and adversity, he chose reconciliation over retaliation and, in doing so, set an example of living a more noble life.

Kimse Yok Mu President: We are not leaving Somalia

Kimse Yok Mu Foundation President Ismail Cingoz announced: “We are not leaving Somalia because of the terrorist attacks targeting Turkey.” Cingoz had talked to the volunteers in Somalia once again before the announcement. He reported they were grieved at the terrorists attacks but felt no concerns or fears as they knew the condition the country was in when they first arrived. He further stated that they will carry on with their services against all the odds.

Turkey’s Koç: I met with Gülen; there is nothing wrong with that

The CEO of one of Turkey’s largest conglomerates confirmed on Sunday that he met with prominent Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen in May, but dismissed government claims of conspiracy plots.

Bank Asya shares surge after Turkish election results

The AK Party’s failure to secure enough votes to form the government reflects on the stock market, with the politically-seized Bank Asya’s shares observing a 10.75 percent increase at opening on Monday amidst an overall drop in Borsa Istanbul.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

27-Years-Old Mother With 11-Months-Old Son Found In Ankara’s Sincan Prison

Are there autonomous Hizmet groups?

Hee Joong: Differences a richness, not a source of fear

Cambodian education minister: I’m proud of Turkish school students

Şifa University rector says gov’t move to shut down hospitals won’t affect education

The Gulen Movement is not a cult or terrorist group

Pineapple republic!

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News