UN praises Kimse Yok Mu for aid efforts in Somalia
Date posted: February 20, 2014
İSTANBUL
Director of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) John Ging said in an interview on Thursday that Kimse Yok Mu and other Turkish NGOs’ aid efforts in Somalia should be praised.
On a three-day visit to Somalia, Ging talked to the Cihan News Agency and said that Turkish NGOs are doing a great job in Somalia.
“During my visit to Somalia, I have had the chance to meet with some Turkish NGO officials. Turkish camps in Somalia have the highest standards and everybody knows this. They are doing a great job in the fields of healthcare, education and food aid. We, as the UN, appreciate the work that they are doing,” Ging said.
Kimse Yok Mu, which now reaches out to different regions of the world affected by catastrophes, is recognized by the Republic of Turkey as an association that works for the public interest. The status was accorded by Cabinet decree No. 2006-9982 on Jan. 19, 2006, with the approval of the president at the time.
Erdoğan put under the spotlight US Ambassador to Turkey Francis Ricciardone by stating: “Recently, very strangely, ambassadors have gotten involved in some provocative acts. I am calling on them from here to do your job. If you leave your area of duty, this could extend into our government’s area of jurisdiction. We do not have to keep you in our country.” These caustic sentences prove that the AK Party has decided to declare a war not only against the Hizmet movement but also to provoke tensions with the US. Since they have opted for a defensive attack strategy, this reaction does not surprise anyone.
Turkish doctors perform 13,000 cataract operations in Sudan, Somalia
Volunteer Turkish doctors conducted cataract surgery on more than 13,000 patients in Sudan and Somalia. Doctors from all over Turkey volunteered in South Darfur’s capital. A similar campaign is being maintained permanently by volunteer Turkish doctors in various regions of the African continent. One doctor recounted: “There was one family in which everyone was blind: the father, the mother and the kids. Their sight was returned to all of them.
In Berlin, inside a Gulen “light-house”
In recent years, the movement has received more scrutiny, not least after its long-time alley, Turkish President Erdogan, publicly split with the group, accusing it of infiltrating state institutions and even outright “terrorism”. Germany’s intelligence services disagree: In 2014, they published an assessment outlining that while some elements within the movement gave room for concern, they didn’t warrant an observation of the movement.
Something rotten within the government?
It stinks. This is the bluntest description of what the graft probe has revealed so far… So, regardless of the view of the issue as “Erdoğan vs the Hizmet movement,” it boils down to a battle between moral and immoral, clean and dirty, which is the real story of Turkey in the past 12 years. It was not the Hizmet movement, nor liberals, nor other reformists that brought the AKP to power; it was the average people of Turkey.
AKP deputy: “Imprisoned Gulen supporters and PKK members will be massacred by furious mobs”
Another dirty AKP plan was revealed by AKP deputy Huseyin Kocabiyik. Kocabiyik in his Nov 13th tweet revealed the plan. “Assassinations will be staged against statesmen and furious people will hang all imprisoned PKK members and Hizmet supporters,” he said. “This is what is spoken among the public,” he tweeted.
Lies in the “Research” by Der Spiegel
MAHMUT ÇEBİ August 8, 2012 Fethullah Gülen has so far been designated with numerous titles: Islamist, pro-Christian, pro-sharia, pro-Vatican, pro-ummah, pro-Turan (Turkish ethnic nationalist), pro-American, pro-Israel, Calvinist, etc. Those who never listened to him or read his books have attacked him with as many defamations as they wished. But these decades-long groundless attacks have never […]
Latest News
Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison
Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney
Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement
ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment
New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement
European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests
ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases
Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade
Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet
In Case You Missed It
Fethullah Gulen issued the following statement on the Orlando shooting attack
Fil-Turkish gives out beef amid terror threats
Calgary man accused of helping plot Turkish coup
A battle for power in Turkey faces resistance in Senegal
Kimse Yok Mu invited for consultation before UN summit
NTIC’s growing support help 13000 underprivileged children
Former deputy Uras: Erdoğan struck deal with Ergenekon against Gülen movement