Woman miscarried twins in prison, dead bodies not returned to family


Date posted: June 23, 2017

The 28-year-old Nurhayat Yildiz miscarried her twins in prison and the dead bodies of her babies were not returned to any of her family members.

Arrested following her detention on Aug 29, 2016 over ByLock mobile app, Yildiz lost her twins in 19th week of her pregnancy on Oct 6, 2016.

The whereabouts of the dead bodies have been unknown since then, Aktifhaber online news portal said on Thursday.

Yildiz has been kept along with 25 other inmates in a holding cell in Sinop while the jail she stays is supposed to fit only 8 people, Aktifhaber said.

Family members say Yildiz’s has been suffering a psychological trauma and barely talks.

Under investigation over ties to the Gulen movement, Yildiz was first caught up after one of her cousin reported her to the police as for ties to the Gulen movement, which the government accuses of masterminding a coup attempt on July 15, 2016.

Among the evidence the prosecutor overseeing the case mentioned to demand her arrest are her alleged use of ByLock mobile app and $1 bills police seized during a raid on her home.

Yildiz says she has never downloaded ByLock, which the Turkish prosecutor claim to be the top communication tool among members of the movement.

Turkish government also claims that one dollar bills are an encrypted messaging system among members of the movement.

Yildiz says the seized $1 notes were the ones that were scattered during her brother’s wedding.

It is a common tradition that guests as well as the parents of the marrying couples or children spray paper money onto the heads of people dancing during wedding or circumcision ceremonies.

Under arrest for 298 days, Yildiz is expected to appear in her third hearing on June 23.

Source: Turkey Purge , June 23, 2017


Related News

Domestic violence addressed at GYV Women’s Platform int’l conference

İPEK ÜZÜM, İSTANBUL The reasons behind domestic violence and the role of family in the prevalence of violence in society are being discussed during an international conference organized by the Journalists and Writers Foundation‘s (GYV) Women’s Platform in İstanbul. The conference, titled “Family and Community Violence,” kicked off on Friday night with a reception at […]

D.C.-based law firm gathers intel on U.S. residents for Turkey – WSJ

The Turkish government has employed a Washington D.C.-based law firm to gather information on its critics, including U.S. residents, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

AK Party’s Deputy Günay joins intra-party opposition to prep school ban

Another deputy from the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) has criticized a recent government plan to shut down prep schools, saying that these institutions are not the cause of problems in the education system but a consequence of the current system. Günay’s remarks come one day after the AK Party referred Kütahya deputy İdris Bal to the party’s disciplinary board for expulsion after he opposed the government’s plan to close prep schools.

GYV praised for response to accusations about Hizmet movement

GYV Chairman Mustafa Yeşil said the foundation has received very positive reactions to its 11-article statement, adding that many people found the statement an “honorable” and “courteous” one. AK Party Adıyaman deputy Mehmet Metiner said by releasing Tuesday’s statement, the GYV has taken a very valuable step that “spoils the games of some evil circles that want to create hostility between the government and the Hizmet movement.”

Zaman Editor-in-Chief Dumanlı faces probe over ‘insult’ to Erdoğan in news report

An investigation has reportedly been launched into Zaman daily Editor-in-Chief Ekrem Dumanlı for “insulting” President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in a news report that appeared on the website of the daily.

TUSKON warns against probing policemen under ‘shadow of politics’

The Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON) said in a statement on Tuesday that the group is closely following the developments after the July 22 raid with “concern” and said it is disturbed of a possibility that the legal proceeding will continue with a number of illegal actions under the “shadow of politics.”

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Fethullah Gulen’s poetry in songs calls for Peace

France sentences attacker targeting Gulenists as Turkey releases gunman in similar case

Cameroon delegation meets with Kimse Yok Mu

Ruling AKP officials downplay tension with Gülen movement

Yobe, Turkish Institutions Team Up To Boost Education

1915 tragedy to be commemorated with foreign delegation for first time

Ministerial bureaucrats being purged over their alleged affiliations with Hizmet

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News