Kimse Yok Mu repeatedly prevented from offering aid in Palestine

Kimse Yok Mu aiding orphans in Palestine.(Photo:Cihan)
Kimse Yok Mu aiding orphans in Palestine.(Photo:Cihan)


Date posted: July 13, 2015

İsmail Cingöz, president of the Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu, has said that the İstanbul Provincial Directorate of Associations and the İstanbul Governor’s Office have rejected 12 proposals for aid campaigns Kimse Yok Mu was planning to conduct in Palestine over the past year.

He said Kimse Yok Mu had applied to the authorities to obtain permission but that its applications were consistently rejected for various reasons. Criticizing the provincial directorate and the governor’s office in successive tweets on Monday, Cingöz said, “They refuse to grant permission for campaigns we conduct in solidarity with the Palestinian people, generating baseless excuses each time.”

Claiming that the authorities aim to prevent Kimse Yok Mu from operating completely, Cingöz added, “What is being conducted against our association is discrimination, and this is opposed to the principles of equality, justice and our association’s constitutional rights.”

The charity’s president stated that Kimse Yok Mu had intended to provide aid to 2 million people in need, and that the latest reason given by the administration when rejecting its proposal was that the aid organization had previously been given an administrative fine. “I am not referring to any crime, but just one administrative fine. It is very comical that there were major irregularities regarding the fine that was given to us. There was no fault that would necessitate that fine at all.”

Kimse Yok Mu, which holds UN Economic and Social Council consultative status, is one of the largest providers of aid to the Palestinians. According to official data from the charity, in the aftermath of the 2014 Israel-Gaza conflict, also known as Operation Protective Edge, during which almost 1,000 Palestinians were killed, the charity supplied aid to more than half a million people in the region.

However, a smear campaign was launched against the charity after corruption investigations implicating leading figures in the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) were made public on Dec. 17, 2013.

The government holds the faith-based Hizmet movement responsible for the investigations, and Kimse Yok Mu, an organization inspired by the Hizmet movement, has become a target. The Hizmet movement, also known as Gülen movement, is inspired by the views of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Source: Today's Zaman , July 13, 2015


Related News

Islamic Scholar Fethullah Gulen promotes peace, understanding

Turkish Islamic scholar and founder of the Hizmet (Service) movement, Fethullah Gulen not only promoted peace and understanding, but also counseled Muslims to critically review their understanding of Islam.

Fear Grows in Turkey as Crackdown on Gulen Followers Continues

The Turkish authorities are continuing their crackdown on followers of Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen, who is being blamed for a failed military coup attempt. With tens of thousands of people arrested, opposition parties are starting to voice concern that the crackdown is turning into a witch hunt.

Alevis demand equal citizenship, disappointed with the state

SEVGİ AKARÇEŞME, ABANT/TURKEY At the end of the three-day Abant Platform meeting on Alevi relations with Sunnis, one of the fragile fault lines of Turkish politics, Alevis raised their voices higher, demanding equal citizenship against the backdrop of several past and present disappointments with the state. The pursuit of the end of discrimination both at […]

Turkish Charities accelerate Ramadan aid efforts worldwide

Kimse Yok Mu has raised its Turkey target for this Ramadan and will distribute 178,300 food packages and set up iftar tents in 22 provinces in a bid to feed an estimated 636,000 people. Outside of Turkey the foundation intends to distribute 110,000 food packages to families in need in 103 countries and offer iftar meals to 500,000 people around the world.

Samples of Kimse Yok Mu Ramadan Aid Activities Worldwide (II)

Kimse Yok Mu (KYM), set to reach out to 103 countries as a part of its Ramadan campaign, continues to deliver aid worldwide. The countries it delivers aid includes Burkina Faso, Yemen, Venezuela and Niger.

Kimse Yok Mu opens school for Syrian children

A protocol signed between the Arbil Governorate and the aid organization in November, the school, which has 12 classrooms and 1,000 square meters of space, was built in the region of the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) for refugees who fled Syria. The school will be administered under the Arbil Governorate, according to information obtained from the Ankara office of Kimse Yok Mu.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish ambassador leads an unrealistic mission: bringing a reclusive Muslim cleric before Turkish courts

A rising profile for Turkish Cultural Center Vermont

Erdoğan threatens Kosovo PM: You will pay

Fethullah Gulen Talked to Kurdish TV on Kurds, human rights and Erdogan

Documents expose plot to hold Hizmet responsible for KPSS cheating

Fethullah Gülen Offers Antidote For Terror

Video shows Malaysia detained Turkish expats at Turkey’s request

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News