Turkish businessmen’s helping hands reach out to Romanian flood victims


Date posted: September 28, 2013

Turkish businessmen extended a helping hand to the flood victims in the eastern Romania. The locals received the philanthropists who went door to door to deliver the relief aid, in tears.

The flood two weeks ago that hit the Galati region in the eastern Romania devastated residences of thousands. The farmers’ grain harvest for the coming winter has been wasted and hundreds hectares of crop land have been flooded. Loss adjustment and disaster relief officials have been examining the residences to identify the recovery needs.

In cooperation with the local Tuna Foundation and Kimse Yok Mu Foundation, the Turkish businessmen engaging in Romania didn’t remain indifferent to the suffering and delivered the staples aid by visiting the victims door to door in company with the local administration’s officials.

Seeing the businessmen and foundations’ volunteers, the sufferers -many of whom were elderly and homeless- said, “This is what we have been hoping for,” and burst into tears. They told what they had been going through and that they had fears for the coming winter.

Having witnessed the victims’ needs on the scene, the businessmen decided to carry on with their donations. They had talks with the local administration to identify the needs for the winter. They are set to keep up their support until the suffering is over.

Source: HizmetMovement.Com , September 27, 2013


Related News

1,000 families provided with meat Kimse Yok Mu in Ankara

International charity organization Kimse Yok Mu distributed sacrificed meat to a total of 1,000 families during the Eid al-Adha in Ankara on Thursday. Families received meat in boxes which were paid for the donations from benevolent Turkish people at one of the offices of the KYM in Mamak district.

Uplifting Romanian children in need

At a recent event, the children were distributed exclusive gift packs of toys, clothing and stationery. In attendance of the occasion were mayor of Sector 2 of Bucharest, Neculai Ontanu; the renowned Romanian singer, Nicoleta Matei, and Kimse Yok Mu Foundation representative, Orhan Erdogan.

Turkish group among first to send aid to ‘Yolanda’ victims

Unknown to many Filipinos, a Turkish aid organization was among the first to respond to the devastation caused by Super Typhoon “Yolanda” (international name: Haiyan) in Eastern Visayas last year. Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) was one of the first international groups to send relief teams to Tacloban City, ground zero for the most powerful storm ever to hit land.

Kimse Yok Mu opens education complex in Kenya

Kimse Yok Mu, one of the largest charity organizations in Turkey, has opened an education complex in the town of Malindi in Kenya comprising a dormitory, school and public kitchen.

Carter Center gives certificate of appreciation to Kimse Yok Mu

AYŞE TOSUN, İSTANBUL The personal foundation of former US President Jimmy Carter has awarded a certificate of appreciation to Turkish aid organization Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) for the association’s worldwide charitable activities. The certificate was presented to Kimse Yok Mu officials in İstanbul by Carter’s consultant, Ryan McDonald, on behalf of the former […]

An iftar dinner by KYM for Thai Muslims

As a part of its Ramadan agenda, KYM Foundation is organizing aid trips to Far Eastern countries. One of the KYM coordinators visiting Thailand, Ibrahim Serafettin Ekiz, reported that thousands have been hosted at iftar dinners for five days in Bangkok and Muslim-populated southern cities. Ekiz noted mostly the poor showed up for the dinners yet there were rich ones among who would like to share the abundance of Ramadan.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Lao deputy education minister grateful to Turkish schools

Pro-gov’t columnist claims Obama could be Gülen’s White House ‘imam’

Sultan of Zing: Erdogan’s power trip makes African pit stop

Concluding statement of the International panel on Mary announced

Action plan put into operation against Hizmet, indictment reveals

Informant on Gülen movement members says he fabricated testimony to avoid jail time

CHP applies to Constitutional Court for annulment of dershane law

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News