Father says wife, 11-month-old son under arrest despite medical problems


Date posted: July 27, 2017

Cengiz Zaza Akbaba, the husband of Gulistan Diken Akbaba said in a recent video that his wife and 11-month-old son have been under arrest despite the babies medical problems.

“This child is only one of 560 children. Now, 560 children are not allowed to touch the soil, not allowed to see the sun,” Akbaba added.

The video was recorded during the ‘March of Justice’, a 250-mile walk the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) held against the government’s post-coup rights violations in June.

Gulistan Diken Akbaba was jailed along with Miraz after the Supreme Court of Appeals upheld the decision sentencing her to 6 years and 3 months in prison.

Having spent 1 year behind bars, Gulistan was released in early 2013 as part of an investigation into the Kurdistan Communities Union (KCK). H.G.D. was put behind bars once again with her newborn baby this time around, on Feb. 23.

 

Source: Turkey Purge , July 23, 2017


Related News

Disabled teacher, husband removed from job as brothers under arrest

Fatma Koyun, a teacher with an 82 percent physical disability who was dismissed from his job as part of a post-coup investigation, says her husband as well as her brothers have been under arrest for months.

Parallel state hunt makes McCarthyism look like child’s play

For the last year not a single day has passed without hearing these infamous words: parallel state. These were present in almost every speech made by President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. They have been in the headlines everyday in every single newspaper close to the government.

Informant on Gülen movement members says he fabricated testimony to avoid jail time

İbrahim Demirtaş, a major in the Turkish military who testified as an informant in investigations into sympathizers of the faith-based Gülen movement, has admitted that his statements were false and made in order to avoid prosecution and jail time.

Dismissed top editor of Zaman: We made a mistake by not objecting to the imprisonment of journalists

Journalist Abdulhamit Bilici, who was dismissed as editor-in-chief of Zaman said the Zaman daily should have kept its distance from the ruling AKP. He also said his media group made a mistake by not objecting to the imprisonment of journalists in the late 2000s.

A women – Author, Reporter And Lawyer – Faces 15 Years In Jail For Her Tweets

An author, lawyer and journalist who made a career and a name for herself from years of working as a court reporter who chased high-profile legal cases has become a victim of Turkish government’s massive crackdown on freedom of press in Turkey.

Family, friends losing hope as Calgary imam arrested in Turkey remains imprisoned

For a year, Calgary imam Davud Hanci has spent most of his days in solitary confinement in Turkey, accused of being a terrorist linked to failed 2016 coup attempt. “They’re just holding him there and they don’t want to release him because they don’t have any real evidence,” said Malik Muradov, executive director of Calgary’s Intercultural Dialogue Institute and a friend of Hanci.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Niagara Foundation Peace and Dialogue Award Honorees Recognized in Chicago

Erdoğan, Hizmet, assassins

Rumi Forum chooses solutions to problems for essay contest

Court wants up to 11 years for Samanyolu TV director

Turkish families cope with aftermath of failed coup

The Hizmet Movement: ‘Terrorist’ or Terrorised?

Father jailed over Gülen links, 6-months-old paralyzed baby left in intensive care

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News