Islamabad High Court: Pak-Turk Schools will not be handed over to Turkish Government


Date posted: March 3, 2017

ISLAMABAD: Justice Aamer Farooq of the Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Friday disposed of a petition filed by Pak-Turk Educational Foundation (PTEF) against the possible handover of its schools to another Turkish educational network, the Maarif Foundation.

The court took the decision after Attorney General Ashtar Ausaf Ali informed the court that it was just an apprehension of the foundation that the government was going to hand over their schools to an NGO, the Maarif Foundation, associated with the incumbent Turkish regime.

After July 15, 2016 failed coup in Turkey, the government there believed that the Pak-Turk schools were part of the network owned by Fethullah Gulen, a political rival of President Recip Tayyap Erdogan.

The Turkish government had reportedly called upon Pakistan to close down the schools. Turkey declared Gulen’s organisation a terrorist entity.

Attorney General Ali further assured the court that the government would not take any illegal action against the Pak-Turk Educational Foundation (PTEF).

In a related case, AG Ali appeared before Islamabad High Court Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kayani to assure the court that the government would not arrest PTEF chairman Alamgir Khan unless, he was found guilty of receiving funds from informal channels.

Khan had filed a petition before Justice Kayani saying that the counterterrorism department (CTD) of the Punjab was compelling him to resign.

Additional advocate general Punjab Rashid Hafeez told the court that the investigation agency had detected that the PTEF network had received foreign funding therefore the chairman of the foundation was being grilled to know the sources of funding.

Justice Kayani directed the government’s counsel to submit a report in this regard. He however allowed the CTD to probe the matter in accordance with the legal procedure.

Source: Dawn , March 4, 2017


Related News

Will Gülen Movement schools offer Kurdish-medium education?

Journalists and Writers Foundation Vice-President Cemal Ussak, regarding the Kurdish-medium education at the Gülen community schools in southeastern Turkey, said “It is a matter of course following the amendment to the current regulation.” Vice-president of Journalists and Writers Foundation, regarded as the institutional face of Gülen Movement, Cemal Ussak brought to minds the fact that the movement’s […]

Erdoğan: Our people will punish Gülenists in the streets if they ever get out of jail

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said in a public speech on Wednesday that if people affiliated with Turkey’s Gülen group are released from prison after completing their prison terms, the Turkish public will “punish them in the streets.”

The Hizmet movement and participatory democracy

The Hizmet movement’s objections make an important contribution to the formation of participatory democracy in Turkey. So far, Turkish democracy was a game among political parties in the absence of a strong civil society and market actors.

Kimse Yok Mu restoring eyesight to the needy blind in Pakistan

Having earlier reached out too for help for the Pakistani people, Kimse Yok Mu Foundation now heals the cataract patients in need. The foundation rolled up the sleeves to offer cataract surgeries to five thousand in Dera Ismail Khan in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.

Gülen’s German collaborator, or the German slap?

Is President Gauck the German controlling agent for the German cell of this merciless terrorist organization? Did President Gauck make that speech –unusually bold [and honest] for a visiting dignitary – because he, too, is being held hostage to blackmail by the Gülenists? Did the Turkish “parallel state” tap Mr. Gauck’s phones and blackmail him? Or did Mr. Gauck say what he said because he had been paid by Lufthansa which, according to Mr. Erdoğan’s men, was one the foreign conspirators behind the Gezi Park protests?

At least 275 including elderly woman detained over Gulen links over past day

At least 275 people were detained over their alleged links to the Gulen movement, according to Turkish media. Among the accusations raised against the detainees were to have raised money for Turkey’s post-coup victims, whether be relatives of those earlier arrested or those dismissed from their jobs.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Why are they becoming terrorists?

Yamanlar Koleji crowns Turkey with second gold medal

Arrest of Kanter’s father underscores deepening tensions between U.S., Turkey

Kimse Yok Mu reaches out to tribe in Panama

An iftar dinner by KYM for Thai Muslims

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

Auto companies from 27 countries join TUSKON summit

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News