TURKISH FOUNDATION HIT IN ARSON GETS POLICE PROTECTION; 2ND GROUP VICTIMIZED

Photo: Wikimedia Commons/AlfvanBeem
Photo: Wikimedia Commons/AlfvanBeem


Date posted: July 27, 2016

JANENE PIETERS

The municipality of Deventer will be placing surveillance cameras at the building of Turkish foundation Gouden Generatie on Tuesday. The building was set aflame on Saturday. Until the new cameras are in place, police surveillance will be intensified around the building, a spokesperson for the municipality said to RTL Nieuws.

On Sunday night a second Turkish organization was the target of arson, this time in Apeldoorn, NOS reports. Surveillance camera footage shows two men with jerrycans sprinkling liquid on the building and then setting it alight. The organization in question – Unie van Betrokken Ouders – is a Turkish organization that works to prevent radicalization in young people.

Both Turkish organizations are seen as supporters of the Gulen-movement. Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan believes that his rival Fethullah Gulen is behind a recent failed coup in the country, something Gulen denies.

Since the attempted coup, tensions between the two sides of the Turkish community in the Netherlands have been mounting. Numerous Gulen-supporters report feeling threatened by Erdogan-supporters. And “blacklists” are circulating on social media showing names of Turkish businesses to be boycotted because they sympathize with Gulen.

Last week Minister Bert Koenders of Foreign Affairs called on the Turkish community in the Netherlands to report any threats made against them and to keep a cool head.

https://twitter.com/leofotograaf/status/756647753401368576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Source: NLTIMES , July 26, 2016


Related News

Gülen’s lawyer denies client facing arrest warrant or extradition

Nurullah Albayrak, lawyer for Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, has said that there is no criminal investigation, pending prosecution or any other judicial process ongoing in Turkey related to his client, refuting claims raised once again by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan about Gülen’s possible extradition from the US, where he now lives.

Turkey to pay huge compensation for post-coup rights violations, main opposition says

The main opposition party leader has said Turkey will pay a big price and an enormous amount of compensation for gross human rights violations caused by government decrees issued during a state of emergency declared after an abortive coup. “I saw the March 12 [1971] and Sept. 12 [1980] coups, but I never saw such a picture like today,” he said

US says Turkey favors Sunni Islam over other creeds

A US State Department report has claimed that the Turkish government is prejudiced in favor of its Sunni Islamic citizens and neglects the needs of members of the country’s other minority religions, in addition to frequently employing anti-Semitic rhetoric.

Gülen’s lawyers file civil suit and criminal complaints against Prime Minister Davutoğlu

The lawyers of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen filed both a civil lawsuit and criminal complaint against Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu over the prime minister’s claims about their client.

HIzmet centre takes on Erdogan regime

The London-based Centre for Hizmet Studies has accused Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his regime of systematically trying to provoke the followers of the Hizmet Movement into violence and portray the movement as a violent organisation.

The Gulen Movement Is Not a Cult — It’s One of the Most Encouraging Faces of Islam Today

How will it end? Erdogan has beaten Hizmet decisively. But he is planting the seeds for his own destruction. How and when he will fall remains unclear. Meanwhile, on the international scene, Turkey is rapidly becoming a pariah. The country itself is now his primary victim.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu extends hand to Syrian refugees

Gulen: Oppression will end as politicians will leave office one day but this movement will continue to exist

Let Mr. Erdogan Fight His Own Battles

Main opposition CHP’s visit to Gülen organization a ‘unifying action’

Nubuwwat symposium starts with rejection of suicide bombing, terrorism

Despite blocking accounts, Kimse Yok Mu able to collect donations

Strategic Defamation of Fethullah Gülen

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News