Foundation gives to poor students

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Muhammad Bello (third right) presenting a stationery package of the NTIC Foundation to a pupil of Kayada Junior Secondary School. He was flanked by Group Managing Director of the Nigerian Turkish International Colleges, Mr. Mehmet Baturk (first left), and the Chairman of Kuje Area Council, Mr. Shaban Ishaku Tete (second left) in Abuja.
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Muhammad Bello (third right) presenting a stationery package of the NTIC Foundation to a pupil of Kayada Junior Secondary School. He was flanked by Group Managing Director of the Nigerian Turkish International Colleges, Mr. Mehmet Baturk (first left), and the Chairman of Kuje Area Council, Mr. Shaban Ishaku Tete (second left) in Abuja.


Date posted: January 26, 2016

Nigerian Turkish International Colleges Foundation (NTIC Foundation) has started distributing 13,000 learning aids to underprivileged students.

The project is known as “I Support a Child’s Education”.

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Mallam Muhammad Bello, who launched the project in Abuja, described it as “a means for our children to study harder and make us proud”.

The project, which started in October 2013, is supported by parents of students at NTIC, staff, Nigerian Turkish Nile University, Nigerian Turkish Nizamiye Hospital, ABINAT, Ufuk Dialogue Foundation, Galaxy Uni-Prep Centre, Vefa Travel and Tourism Ltd and Nusret Education Ltd.

Over 13,000 learning aids, including books, geometry sets, pencils, sharpeners, erasers, etc. were prepared for distribution.

The 2016 edition was launched in Kayada Junior Secondary School, Kuje.

Present were the Chairman of Kuje Area Council, Mr. Shaban Ishaku Tete, traditional rulers, chairman and directors of the NTIC Foundation and directors of FCT Education Ministry.

A beneficiary, Amina, said: “I am so happy for this gift by the NTIC Foundation. We are happy. Our parents will be happy too. May God bless them.”

Director of NTIC Foundation Mr. Fethullah Celik said they were “happy to make contribution to the students’ education life”.

He said: “Our contribution will continue. Since we just found out there is lack of water here, we are going to build a borehole for them.

“We are thankful to our parents, donors and supporters. This dream is becoming true with their contributions.”

Source: The Nation , January 21, 2016


Related News

Nigeria demands Turkey’s apology over ‘unjustifiable’ students deportation in coup crackdown

Nigerian lawmakers have urged the Turkish government to apologise for arresting and deporting dozens of Nigerian students. The majority of the youths attended the Fatih University, which is among thousands of educational buildings Turkey has shut down in a crackdown following the failed coup.

Kimse Yok Mu to distribute meat in 100 countries

Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There), one of the largest charity organizations in Turkey, aims to distribute the meat of sacrificed animals to 250,000 needy families in more than 100 countries around the world, despite an ongoing defamation campaign being conducted by pro-government media outlets against the charity.

Gülen Institute awards essay winner students on Capitol Hill

31 May 2012 / ALI H. ASLAN, WASHINGTON Houston University’s Gülen Institute bestowed awards on 35 young people from 65 countries and 45 US states for their winning essays on how to address crimes against children around the world on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. Nearly 1,300 compositions had been entered into the Gülen Institute’s […]

Had the Kurds believed in Said-i Kurdi, their children wouldn’t have died

Naim from Diyarbakir sent me a message. He says: “The Kurds would listen to you if you said something to them, because you’re coming from a leftist tradition. Evil powers like PKK and KCK can’t stand the approval for Gulen Movement’s service for Kurds.”

Current defamation campaign against Hizmet was part of Ergenekon scheme

A major campaign launched by the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government and media organs to defame and discredit the Hizmet movement was among the plans of the Ergenekon network, which once attempted a coup d’état against the AK Party.

‘Don’t link Thai schools with terrorists’

Thailand’s foreign ministry has cautioned against any rush to link four Thailand-based schools to a terrorist organization just because they have a handful of foreign shareholders. “We have been in touch with the embassy to request legally recognised and reliable evidence. But we have not received any additional information to date,” Thai foreign ministry spokesman Sek Wannamethee, said yesterday.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu drills 1,396 wells in Africa

Another Police Chief Jailed Over Alleged Gülen Links Dies In Turkish Prison

Speaking Truth to Power in Turkey: An Interview with Ekrem Dumanli

Joint mosque-cemevi project launched in Tokat

Turkish refugee in Spain: “If I go back to Turkey, I’ll be arrested and tortured”

Turkey-China seek new gateway for business at Tuskon meeting

Arrested Turkish TV chief writes an open letter from his jail cell

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News