Lao deputy education minister grateful to Turkish schools


Date posted: January 19, 2016

Lao deputy minister of education Lytou Bouapao commended the local Turkish schools, two-time recipient of the national medal. Noting that he knows the schools very closely as his child is also studying at one of them, he expressed his thanks to the teachers and authorities for the high quality education they are offering.

Established in 2006 by Turkish investors, Eastern Star Bilingual Schools recently organized a cultural festival. The event featured promotional presentations of 26 different countries. In attendance of the event were hundreds of people including deputy-president of National University of Laos Prof. Pud Simmavongsi, Ministry of Education officials, principals of 38 schools in the area, parents and students.

Bouapao was unable to make the event due to an emergency. In his statement later, he said he is very familiar with the schools. He made a particular mention of the high quality education offered by top-notch teachers and thanked them for that.

The deputy-minister went on to say the schools are offering a Western curriculum in conformity with the Eastern cultural values, which, according to him, makes the schools unique. “It’s a privilege for our children to have that,” he concluded.

Deputy-president of National University of Laos Prof. Pud Simmavongsi found the event a very effective one in that it enables the participant students and teachers alike to gain invaluable experience. He expressed his thanks to school officials for initiating events of this kind and thus contributing to education. He also said graduates of these schools are sure to have a bright future.

The schools’ general-manager Yilmaz Ari said, “Our festival in its second year received huge interest. We promoted 26 countries this year but we target 50 for next year’s event.”

The Turkish schools in the country had earlier received the national medal twice for their achievements.

Published [in Turkish] on Samanyolu Haber

Source: HizmetMovement.Com , January 16, 2016


Related News

Indonesian authorities request 100 more Turkish schools

Operating 10 different schools with a total of 5,000 students, the association which was established a decade ago draws high praise for the successful track record of its students.

Erdogan Changes Tactics On Attempt To Shut Turkish Schools

President Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey has changed tactics in his efforts to make foreign governments close schools run by Hizmet Movement associates, otherwise called Turkish schools.

Nigeria says asked by Turkey to extradite over 1000 people

Turkey seeks extradition of 1000 people in Nigeria as part of its post-coup crackdown against the Gulen movement, local media reported on Monday.

Kyrgyz court overturns extradition of suspected Gülenists to Turkey

A Kyrgyzstan court on Tuesday overturned a decision by the country’s Prosecutor General’s Office to extradite two people to Turkey to face charges of membership of the banned Gülen movement, The Diplomat reported.

Turkish school in Philippines partners in a social project

The project aims to rehabilitate the regions academically and socially lagging behind the rest and assist children’s education in particular. Inaugurating the project, an event took place seeing the attendance of International Fountain Schools general manager Malik Gencer, The Philippines Turkish Chamber of Commerce Irfan Karabulut, Pacific Dialog’s president for Philippines Cihangir Arslan and The Philippine Gendarmerie’s commander for civic operations Colonel Arnulfo Marcelo B. Burgos alongside numerous commanders and NGO officials.

Malaysia detains Turkish academic second time at Turkey’s request

İsmet Özçelik, a Turkish academic with a UNHCR refugee card, was detained again on Thursday in Malaysia amid news that two other Turkish citizens who were believed to have been kidnapped were in fact detained by the authorities.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Turkish volunteers in US rush to help Oklahoma tornado victims

Turkish PM Davutoglu baselessly claims Hizmet works with PKK

Prominent businessman Akın İpek pledges huge support to Kimse Yok Mu

Filipino student wins prestigious Turkish Olympiad song contest

Students enchant German crowd with poems of praise

Turkish school shows EU already chose Turkey

Gülen donates Manhae award honorarium to Peace Projects

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News