Governor’s office leads raid against Gülen inspired school based on annulled law


Date posted: October 19, 2015

MEHMET KURU / ESKISEHIR

The Eskişehir Governor’s Office has stated that an annulled law was mistakenly used in the inspection warrants for Samanyolu Primary School and its high school as well as for a FEM prep school in the province, showing how carelessly the government-orchestrated operations are being carried out against the faith-based Gülen movement, also known as the Hizmet movement.

The Lawyer, Selamet Şen, representing the schools told Today’s Zaman that when the aforementioned schools were inspected on July 30 and 31 with the presence of policemen, he filed a question to the Eskişehir Governor’s Office seeking justification for the inspections. In an official document sent to Şen, the governor’s office referred to the Article 10/E of the Law No. 5442. However, it was later revealed that the law in reference was annulled in 2008.

When the issue went public through the media, the Eskişehir Governor’s Office sent Şen another letter saying that the annulled law was mistakenly written in the inspection warrant, this time referring to Article 11/E of the same law. Şen argues that the police operations against the schools he represents are still unlawful as they were conducted with the instructions of the governor’s office.

Referring to Article 3 of Law No. 5580, Şen says that all training and education activities in Turkey are subjected to the permission and the inspection of the Ministry of Education; thus, the order of inspection issued by the governor’s office is unlawful. Şen said he was preparing to file a criminal complaint against the misconduct in office.

The Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government has for a while been organizing police raids against schools and civil society organizations inspired by the Gülen movement, under the guise of inspections. Calling it an illegal movement, yet without being able to present any valid evidence for this claim whatsoever, the AK Party tries to defame the movement and drive people away from it. However, time has proven that those who admire the Gülen movement’s worldwide efforts of promoting peace and tolerance through multicultural and multi-faith dialog have remained loyal to it and have maintained a strong stance against the unlawful government oppression.

Source: Today's Zaman , October 18, 2015


Related News

Erdogan’s Changing Aspirations for Somalia

Somalia has been one of the centers to the world’s worst humanitarian crisis. The East African country has been crumbled for long years by many inextricable catastrophes including famine, drought, militancy and instability.

Tanzanian students place first in Turkish Olympiad folk dance final

KÜBRA ENGİN, İSTANBUL A group of Tanzanian students won the final round in the 11th International Turkish Olympiad folk dance competition held at the İstanbul Sinan Erdem Sports Complex on Thursday night. Thousands of spectators were thrilled by the performances of foreign students in the folk dance finals as part of the Olympiad, a competition […]

Wiretapped recordings erased on orders of new police chief

Earlier this year, claims emerged in the media that police officials in the Diyarbakır Police Department who are members of the Hizmet movement carried out a number of illegal wiretaps since 2008. The prosecutor, unconvinced by the police department’s response, began to examine the circumstances surrounding the whereabouts of the recordings. He questioned several police officers from the department and found that the recordings had been erased on the order of Police Chief Halis Böğürcü, who was appointed head of the Diyarbakır Police Department in early January.

Turkish imams spied on Gülen sympathizers in Romania as well

A report published by The Black Sea news website on Saturday revealed that imams from Turkey’s Religious Affairs Directorate (Diyanet) spied on people sympathetic to Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen and the movement he inspired in Romania as well.

Renewed attempt to target firm close to Hizmet exposed

A prosecutor’s office in İstanbul is preparing to launch a new investigation into Kaynak Holding, a Turkish company close to the Hizmet movement, in an alleged attempt to reignite earlier claims of irregularities in the company.

Turkey After the July Coup Attempt – Alan Makovsky’s testimony before Committee on Foreign Affairs

The vastness and persistence of the purge of the civil service, arrests of journalists, and closure of media outlets—many seemingly having nothing whatsoever to do with the exiled Turkish preacher Fethullah Gülen or his Gülenist movement that the Turkish government blames for the coup attempt.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Kimse Yok Mu carries on aid for Gaza

Fethullah Gülen condemns the terrorist attack in Gaziantep, Turkey

European Book Tour For Derby Professor

5 million people expected to attend 11th Int’l Turkish Olympiads

Azerbaijan detains Turkish teacher under UN protection as wife fears deportation

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

Arbitrary rule in Turkey

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News