Kimse Yok Mu repeatedly prevented from offering aid in Palestine

Kimse Yok Mu aiding orphans in Palestine.(Photo:Cihan)
Kimse Yok Mu aiding orphans in Palestine.(Photo:Cihan)


Date posted: July 13, 2015

İsmail Cingöz, president of the Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu, has said that the İstanbul Provincial Directorate of Associations and the İstanbul Governor’s Office have rejected 12 proposals for aid campaigns Kimse Yok Mu was planning to conduct in Palestine over the past year.

He said Kimse Yok Mu had applied to the authorities to obtain permission but that its applications were consistently rejected for various reasons. Criticizing the provincial directorate and the governor’s office in successive tweets on Monday, Cingöz said, “They refuse to grant permission for campaigns we conduct in solidarity with the Palestinian people, generating baseless excuses each time.”

Claiming that the authorities aim to prevent Kimse Yok Mu from operating completely, Cingöz added, “What is being conducted against our association is discrimination, and this is opposed to the principles of equality, justice and our association’s constitutional rights.”

The charity’s president stated that Kimse Yok Mu had intended to provide aid to 2 million people in need, and that the latest reason given by the administration when rejecting its proposal was that the aid organization had previously been given an administrative fine. “I am not referring to any crime, but just one administrative fine. It is very comical that there were major irregularities regarding the fine that was given to us. There was no fault that would necessitate that fine at all.”

Kimse Yok Mu, which holds UN Economic and Social Council consultative status, is one of the largest providers of aid to the Palestinians. According to official data from the charity, in the aftermath of the 2014 Israel-Gaza conflict, also known as Operation Protective Edge, during which almost 1,000 Palestinians were killed, the charity supplied aid to more than half a million people in the region.

However, a smear campaign was launched against the charity after corruption investigations implicating leading figures in the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) were made public on Dec. 17, 2013.

The government holds the faith-based Hizmet movement responsible for the investigations, and Kimse Yok Mu, an organization inspired by the Hizmet movement, has become a target. The Hizmet movement, also known as Gülen movement, is inspired by the views of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Source: Today's Zaman , July 13, 2015


Related News

Kimse Yok Mu, Doctors Worldwide step up aid efforts in Syria, Palestine

Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There), a Turkish charitable association known for its international assistance work, will accelerate its aid efforts in Palestine by establishing a school and hospital there in 2013, while Doctors Worldwide steps up efforts to assist Syrian refugees taking shelter in Turkey. Palestinian Ambassador to Turkey Nabil Marouf visited Kimse Yok […]

3rd Dialogue & Peace Iftar Dinner

3rd Dialogue & Peace Iftar Dinner on 10th July, 2014 at Sheraton Hotel, Abuja emphasized the importance of dialogue and peace between different religion members and nations. During the program Dialogue and Peace Awards were given in various categories to the people who served for dialogue and peace recently in Nigeria.

Niagara Foundation’s Peace & Dialogue Awards – Michigan 2014

Niagara Foundation publicly recognizes individuals and organizations who have distinguished themselves in their profession and contributed their time, energy, leadership, and dedication to the cause of dialog, peace, understanding, education and community service.

My Nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize is Fethullah Gulen

Fehmi Koru, Houston, Texas 15 October 2005 I do not have a voting right for Nobel nominations, but if I did, my nomination for the peace prize is ready: Fethullah Gulen. Of course, I know he’s controversial even in Turkey, he doesn’t appear in public anymore, he seldom grants interviews, yet nevertheless many in Turkey […]

Kurdish singer Perwer says freedoms should be gained via peaceful means

HAŞİM SÖYLEMEZ, ARBIL Renowned Kurdish singer Şivan Perwer has voiced his support to the ongoing peace talks between the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government and the terrorist Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) to resolve Turkey’s long-standing Kurdish problem and urged that freedom should be taken through peaceful means. In an exclusive with Sunday’s Zaman […]

Turkish charity calls for increased aid to Gaza

Turkish charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There) has launched an aid campaign for the people of the Gaza Strip and called for more humanitarian aid to the region, where 342 Palestinians have been killed during Israel’s massive attack on Gaza.

Latest News

Fethullah Gulen – man of education, peace and dialogue – passes away

Fethullah Gülen’s Condolence Message for South African Human Rights Defender Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Hizmet Movement Declares Core Values with Unified Voice

Ankara systematically tortures supporters of Gülen movement, Kurds, Turkey Tribunal rapporteurs say

Erdogan possessed by Pharaoh, Herod, Hitler spirits?

Devious Use of International Organizations to Persecute Dissidents Abroad: The Erdogan Case

A “Controlled Coup”: Erdogan’s Contribution to the Autocrats’ Playbook

Why is Turkey’s Erdogan persecuting the Gulen movement?

Purge-victim man sent back to prison over Gulen links despite stage 4 cancer diagnosis

In Case You Missed It

Fatih University graduates receive Feb. 28-like treatment at İstanbul University

Carino: Interfaith Thanksgiving service a good reminder

‘The work of Hizmet followers is really tackling the fundamentals of what is needed in the society’

GYV expresses concern over claims of government profiling of its citizens

Africa, Albania and Erdogan’s campaign against Turkish schools

Bank Asya faithful boost deposits after Turkey seizes lender

Why was I mistaken about political Islamism?

Copyright 2025 Hizmet News