‘Nigeria, Turkey trade volume hits N250bn in 4 years’


Date posted: June 9, 2014

NIGERIA

The volume of trade between Nigeria and Turkey increased by 95 percent within four years, a Turkish industrialist has said.

Speaking to some Nigerian journalists in Istanbul, the President of Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists of Turkey, (TUSKON) Mr Rizanur Meral said in 2008 total trade volumes between the two countries was $802million but risen to about $1.5billion(N250 billion) in 2012.

Nigeria export to Turkey was $522m and imported goods worth $280 million from Turkey within the years, he said.

But he said Nigeria exports increased to $1.124 billion in 2012 and imported goods and services worth $439m in the same year.

He said the increase was due to awareness created by his association for the businessmen in the two countries through organizing seminars and business to business meetings.

He said within the period, goods such as leather, sesame seeds, furniture, aluminum, building materials, cocoa, rubber and oil and gas resources, fish, iron and steel, babies diapers, textile among others dominated the transaction.

According to him, if the 2013 trade volumes’ figures are released they will be more than the 2012’s.

Also speaking, the president of the Association of Businesspeople And Investors of Nigeria and Turkey (ABINAT) Yavuz Zemheri said the relationship is not only to import goods between the two countries but to exchange manpower and export businessmen and women for the two countries. Zemheri said ABINAT is working to establish businesses that would transfer technologies to Nigerian Small and Medium Enterprises in the areas of building materials, agriculture and household materials.

He said their intervention has facilitated business trips and meetings with an average of about 300 people annually in the last three years between the two countries.

Source: dailytrust , June 9, 2014


Related News

TUSKON encourages mutual Russian-Turkish investment

Turkish entrepreneurs presently hold $13 billion of investments in Russia, said Meral, who said that his organization has organized business trips and other events to increase this number.

Kimse Yok Mu gears up to assist Malian refugees

Kimse Yok Mu continues its help to Malians left homeless in the ongoing civil war around the country. Donations delivered to the country are ready to be distributed. Building bridges between philanthropists and the needy, Kimse Yok Mu has once again taken action to aid war-stricken people of Mali. The association, which has delivered donations […]

Baseless allegations damage publicly traded firms

The ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government has tried to scapegoat the Hizmet movement via conspiracy theories to evade attention stemming from the corruption allegations. A number of news stories broke soon after Ala’s claims, reporting that Bank Asya’s accounts were being scrutinized for misconduct.

Turkish aid organizations deliver clean water to 20 million

NİHAT POLAT, İSTANBUL As Turkey continues to help struggling African countries, many Turkish aid foundations are working to resolve Africa’s long-standing water supply problem by digging wells in countries across the continent. So far more than 20 million people in Africa and elsewhere have gained access to clean water thanks to the humanitarian work of […]

Gülen Movement done nothing wrong, rather improved lives of the masses

No doubt that Turkey’s Schindler’s List today involves members of the Gülen movement who have done nothing wrong other than volunteering their time, money and expertise to improve the lives of people around themselves. They are viciously being demonized and vilified by Turkey’s President Erdoğan because they stood up against this tyrant’s massive corruption dragnet and arming of radical militants in other countries.

As Gulen movement contracts in Africa, worry over who will fill the vacuum

Abdallah Kheri, who in Kenya heads the Islamic Research and Education Trust, worries that shuttering Gulen schools and other institutions could leave a vacuum that the so-called Islamic State will seek to fill. “Closing down the institutions would definitely grant gains to the fundamentalists,” he said. In Kenya, the Rev. Wilybard Lagho, Mombasa Roman Catholic diocese vicar general, said he would lament the demise of Gulen schools.

Latest News

Sacramento leaders gather for Iftar dinner in celebration of Ramadan

SEO Skill Suite: Tools for Keyword Research, Technical & Backlink Analysis

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

In Case You Missed It

Lawyer of raided schools: Terror groups do not open schools, they raid them

Fethullah Gülen: ‘I don’t have any regrets’

An Armenian from Turkey in Los Angeles (2)

An early prediction about the next elections

Pakistani Govt deports abducted Turkish teacher and family despite UN protections

Did PKK change its view of religious movements?

Kimse Yok Mu meets Syrian refugees’ needs through sister families

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News