Man behind Gülen probe also filed complaints about PM Erdoğan


Date posted: May 3, 2014

ANKARA
A former noncommissioned officer who filed a criminal complaint against Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen that subsequently led to the launch of a preliminary probe into the scholar had also filed complaints against Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, though prosecutors have so far failed to take any action on them.

An investigation into Gülen was launched by an Ankara prosecutor’s office earlier this week following a complaint filed by C.O. The former noncommissioned officer told the media that his complaint against the scholar was based on a number of reports that had appeared in government newspapers. “I am basing my complaint on newspaper reports and my thoughts. I am unhappy. I do not want to be promoted in the media or become popular. I do not like things like this. I have also filed many criminal complaints against the prime minister,” he said.

On April 30, Turkish prosecutors launched a preliminary probe into Gülen based on allegations that he had attempted to overthrow the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government. Prosecutors will later decide whether to launch a criminal investigation.

Erdoğan has accused Gülen of building a “parallel state” of followers in institutions such as the police and judiciary and using them in an attempt to seize the levers of state power.

The investigation followed earlier remarks by the prime minister that a formal process would be started to seek Gülen’s extradition from the United States. Gülen is in self-imposed exile in the US, though there is no legal hurdle preventing him from returning to Turkey.

C.O. also filed criminal complaints against Prime Minister Erdoğan with the Prime Ministry Coordination Center (BİMER). In one of his complaints, he claimed that the prime minister is sick in mind and spirit. “Erdoğan and his formation must be fought against,” he said. The complaints suggested that the former officer is of unsound mind. “You will see what else I will do on May 3 when Venus moves into Aries,” he said.

The former officer said the prime minister is ill. “This man [the prime minister] suffers from epilepsy. What kind of behavior does this illness cause? He does not have a healthy brain. He does not understand what others say. He cannot even see what is happening in front of him. He forgets what he has just said. He says the same thing for 10 days and says something contradictory on the 11th day. I do not like Gülen or the prime minister. I do not have to like either of them. They are cooperating. I hate imperialist cooperators. They both serve the US,” he stated.

C.O. also said he is not receiving psychiatric treatment. “I have a raison d’être. I have a big reason for existing. I am part of a puzzle. I am fulfilling my duties and responsibilities.” He also said he would be delighted if the AK Party and Gülen were engaged in a great war.

Claims have emerged in the media that there is an arrest warrant out for C.O.

Source: Todays Zaman , May 2, 2014


Related News

Turkish family detained in Qatar as Erdogan steps up crackdown on Gulenists abroad

Qatari police detained five members of a Turkish family who are linked to the faith-based Gülen movement while the family was on their way to South Africa, the yenihamle.com news website reported on Monday.

Jailed Zaman editor says we are journalists, not terrorists

Former Zaman daily Ankara Representative Mustafa Ünal, who is standing trial after 414 days in pretrial detention, said on Monday that he and other colleagues in the same case are journalists, not terrorists.

Fethullah Gulen Calls Crackdown ‘Dark Pages’ in History – Responses to World Affairs Council of Philadelphia

In videotaped remarks to the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia, Fethullah Gulen said the Turkish government is using the attempted coup to justify persecuting his followers, who he said are being “subjected to oppression and tyranny, molestation and unlawful acquisition of their private properties.

A reasonable statement from Fethullah Gülen

The statement made by Fethullah Gülen regarding the choice of the name Yavuz Sultan Selim for the third bridge over the Bosporus that is to be built by the government will certainly enrich the ongoing debate about this issue and will lead to a reconsideration of using this name. The sensitivities of the Islamic segment while evaluating […]

Handcuffed justice

The ruling party has been undermining rule of law since the graft and bribery investigation that became public on December 17, 2013. It sees itself unfettered by laws and the Constitution. It has been sticking to the hoax of “parallel structure” –a veiled reference to members of the Hizmet movement inspired by Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen– in a desperate attempt to cover up the graft investigations.

I’m ashamed

A defamation campaign was kicked off to demonize the Hizmet movement — just as the “deep state” would do in the past — and a witch hunt was launched in various state organs. Despite the fact that the prep school debate started months ago, the probe was portrayed as part of it.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Probe launched into daily Taraf for attempting to cause chaos

Russia selects finalists for 12th Turkish Olympiad

Post-coup purge victim says he may never be a father due to torture in prison

Turkey: Inspiring or insidious

Turkish Schools Win Five Medals in a Project Competition in Romania

Bulgarian producer introduces his fourth documentary on Fethullah Gulen

Turkish Cultural Center reaches out to Syracuse community to share its unique culture

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News