TUSKON’s Meral tells Turkish firms in Germany to open to world


Date posted: April 6, 2014

FRANKFURT

Turkish-owned businesses in Germany should exert more effort to branch out into different world markets, a top Turkish union told entrepreneurs in Frankfurt on Thursday.

 

Addressing a panel organized by the Frankfurt Businessmen Union (Frankfurter Unternehmen Verein-FUV), Turkish Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists (TUSKON) Chairman Rızanur Meral said Turkish investors in Germany have achieved success in adapting to European markets and now it is time to seek investment opportunities in the remaining part of the global markets. “Germany and Europe are developed markets where risk is very little, but the chances are also limited to boost your profits. … I would suggest that Turkish-owned firms in the developed world should turn their attention to developing markets,” Meral said.

Unofficial data shows more than 100,000 small, medium and large-sized Turkish-owned firms in Germany provide jobs for thousands of people and generate billions of euros in returns. The country is home to Europe’s largest Turkish minority, estimated at more than 3.5 million.

Meral asserted that Turkish companies based in Europe will find it easier to find investment opportunities in emerging markets where Turkey-based entrepreneurs have cultivated good relations over the past decade. The TUSKON head also highlighted that Turkish companies in Europe and Germany should also place emphasis on sharing expertise with local firms in each country and join powers with them to invest in emerging markets.

Also speaking at the event, FUV Secretary-General Metin Cavlak said they would organize more trade fairs and meetings abroad to encourage Germany-based Turkish firms to open to promising emerging markets.

A nongovernmental and non-profit umbrella organization for seven business federations, 211 business associations and more than 55,000 entrepreneurs from all over the country, TUSKON is the most effective business group representing Turkey abroad. It was set up in 2005 and has concentrated on the economic and social development of Turkey. It has four foreign representation offices, in Brussels, Washington, Moscow and Beijing, and partner organizations in a further 140 different countries. It now boasts the strongest domestic and international business network in Turkey.

Source: Todays Zaman , April 4, 2014


Related News

In Berlin, inside a Gulen “light-house”

In recent years, the movement has received more scrutiny, not least after its long-time alley, Turkish President Erdogan, publicly split with the group, accusing it of infiltrating state institutions and even outright “terrorism”. Germany’s intelligence services disagree: In 2014, they published an assessment outlining that while some elements within the movement gave room for concern, they didn’t warrant an observation of the movement.

TUSKON-led trade volume reaches $30 billion

The trade bridges created at these meetings have led TUSKON to generate a trade volume of $30 billion so far. Unlike some similar initiatives, TUSKON doesn’t neglect small and medium-sized enterprises. TUSKON’s first priority at trade bridge events is to encourage local entrepreneurs to open up to the world. This choice is a strategic move to diversity markets. In parallel with Turkey’s foreign trade policies, TUSKON has created bridges with a number of trade blocs in Africa, Latin America and Europe and the Eurasia and Pacific regions.

Main opposition brings plans to sink Bank Asya to Parliament

The main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) has brought onto Parliament’s agenda claims that some state companies and institutions withdrew massive amounts of money from participation bank Bank Asya in order to push it into insolvency by choking its liquidity conditions.

Officials involved in illegal deportation of Turkish teachers indicted by Kosovar court

A court in Pristina has accepted the indictment of three officials involved in the illegal deportation of six Turkish teachers to Turkey on March 29, 2018, Turkish Minute reported.

In Netherlans court orders parents to stop calling De Roos primary a terrorist school

Judges in Haarlem have banned four mothers from calling an Islamic primary school in Zaanstad a ‘terrorist’ school. People who press ahead with saying the school supports terrorism face a fine of €1,000 with a maximum of €10,000.

Gabon is very satisfied with Turkish school

20 July 2012 / MİNHAC ÇELİK, İSTANBUL President Ali Bongo Ondimba of Gabon has said his country is very satisfied with a school opened by Turkish volunteers there and called on volunteers to open more schools. “We are very satisfied that Turkey opened a school in Gabon. This is very encouraging and needs to be […]

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Lambsdorff: Turkish press intimidated, under pressure

Report: Police chief sets up teams to torture post-coup detainees

Greek broadcaster praises contributions of Gülen movement

OSCE: Excessive penalties threaten journalism in Turkey

African Professor lauds ‘Kimse Yok Mu’ as model relief organization

Post-coup purge will affect Turkey’s education sector for decades

Reflections on Hizmet Movement at conference in Taiwan

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News