Kimse Yok Mu to send aid for Syrian refugees with 50 TIRs


Date posted: February 18, 2014

 

BOLU

Turkish charity organization Kimse Yok Mu will distribute aid materials to the Syrian refugees with a total of 50 TIRs (International Road Transport) as part of a large-scale aid campaign called Sana İhtiyacım Var (I Need You).

Aid materials were collected from various provinces in the Marmara Region and the TIRs arrived in Bolu province. The aid material will be given to around 117, 000 Syrians in the refugee camps. 300 tons of flour, 25 tons of milk, 200 tons of dry food and clothes have been loaded in trucks.

Since the beginning of the Syrian civil war there years ago, around 300 TIRs with aid materials valued at TL 55 million have been provided for the refugees by Kimse Yok Mu.

The campaign coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Platform to provide aid to people suffering from a three-year-long civil war in Syria, has launched on January 22. The project encompasses 17 Turkish civil society associations such as the Red Crescent (Kızılay), the charity Kimse Yok Mu (Is Anybody There), the charity Deniz Feneri (Lighthouse), the Humanitarian Aid Foundation (İHH), the international Union of NGOs of the Islamic World (UNIW), and the Turkey Volunteer Association Foundation (TGTV). The project is also supported by the Prime Ministry’s Disaster and Emergency Management Directorate (AFAD).

Source: Cihan , February 18, 2014


Related News

Bal asks whether Erdoğan is trying to suppress religious communities

Former Justice and Development Party (AK Party) deputy İdris Bal submitted a parliamentary question to Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan on Monday, asking whether Erdoğan regards himself the Caliph of the Muslim world and whether the prime minister is trying to suppress religious communities in Turkey.

EU stresses right to freedom of expression in wake of media investigations [in Turkey]

The European Union has underlined that public authorities should not interfere with freedom of expression in the media, against the background of Turkish government pressure on the media through criminal and civil lawsuits. “The right to freedom of expression includes the freedom to receive and impart information and ideas without the interference of public authorities,” Peter Stano, spokesperson for EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Füle, said to the Cihan news agency.

‘Mr. Gülen is to me simultaneously both incredibly modest and a visionary’

I’m inspired by the Hizmet Movement. I didn’t realize that until I came in contact with the Movement, but all of my life, education and service and dialog have been transformative to me. … This is the work that all of our hearts should be doing. So it remains a source of inspiration for me in my work.

“There will be no Turkish Olympiad,” says Erdoğan

Bülent Arınç, a deputy prime minister in the Justice and Development Party (AKP) government, is the “good cop” who takes the stage when there is a need for reconciliation.

Gift From God: How Erdogan Turned July 15 Into Windfall

According to an official narrative of the government, MIT learned the coup plans earlier in the day and its chief several times discussed it with army chief Akar. One fundamental contradiction was the fact that despite this early warning and intelligence, commanders of navy, ground forces and air forces attended a wedding ceremony that night.

Code ‘111′ profiling of ‘Hizmet’ on Parliament’s agenda

Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) Deputy Chairman Sezgin Tanrıkulu has brought to Parliament’s agenda a code allegedly used by the Ministry of Family and Social Policy to classify individuals believed to be affiliated with a social movement. Code “111” was allegedly used to classify people who are believed to be affiliated with the Hizmet movement, which is inspired by the teachings of Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen.

Latest News

Turkish inmate jailed over alleged Gülen links dies of heart attack in prison

Message of Condemnation and Condolences for Mass Shooting at Bondi Beach, Sydney

Media executive Hidayet Karaca marks 11th year in prison over alleged links to Gülen movement

ECtHR faults Turkey for convictions of 2,420 applicants over Gülen links in follow-up to 2023 judgment

New Book Exposes Erdoğan’s “Civil Death Project” Targeting the Hizmet Movement

European Human Rights Treaty Faces Legal And Political Tests

ECtHR rejects Turkey’s appeal, clearing path for retrials in Gülen-linked cases

Erdoğan’s Civil Death Project’ : The ‘politicide’ spanning more than a decade

Fethullah Gülen’s Vision and the Purpose of Hizmet

In Case You Missed It

Dedicated couples teaching Turkish to the world

Kurdish Issue Discussed in New York

‘Everybody reads about Prophet Muhammad’

3-year-old child with fever denied treatment as father under arrest over Gülen links

The story of the boy who cried wolf

In controversial move Parliament votes to shut down prep schools

‘PM conducting psychological warfare [against Hizmet movement] to cover graft claims’

Copyright 2026 Hizmet News